Data Science: New Gig

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted264072

If you like to code, pls jump into this field: Data Science. Do not waste your time in Pharmacy School. Currently, I’ve seen many family friends who had little or no background in computer science making 100000k to 120000. They trained for weeks and got employed thereafter.
Look up for courses in

1. ETL Informatica
2. SQL
3. Tableau
4. Python

these are just a few.

Honestly, I’m going to also going to inform you about the struggles you will encounter.

The IT field is predominantly controlled by these groups of foreigners. They like to hire only their countrymen. 99% of the hiring process and employment is determined by them. So be prepared to deal with this.

Watch this video and ask yourselves why do we have to go through this:

Again, there is money in this profession

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Your link didn't work. How much is a course and how long did it take? Would someone in their 30s/40s be able to do this or is it only for young people?

Members don't see this ad :)
My family friends took the course for 10 weeks only. The cost was about $2500 online. From 6 pm to 10 pm

My family friends took the course for 10 weeks only. The cost was about $2500 online. From 6 pm to 10 pm

Go to indeed or LinkedIn and search for the job title “ETL Informatica”. You’ll see the high demand and salaries.

If you like to code, pls jump into this field: Data Science. Do not waste your time in Pharmacy School. Currently, I’ve seen many family friends who had little or no background in computer science making 100000k to 120000. They trained for weeks and got employed thereafter.
Look up for courses in

1. ETL Informatica
2. SQL
3. Tableau
4. Python

these are just a few.

Honestly, I’m going to also going to inform you about the struggles you will encounter.

The IT field is predominantly controlled by these groups of foreigners. They like to hire only their countrymen. 99% of the hiring process and employment is determined by them. So be prepared to deal with this.

Watch this video and ask yourselves why do we have to go through this:

Again, there is money in this profession

Yeah, baby

Thx

The secret is it won't be nearly as easy as Pharmacy, unless you are a 'computer janitor'. And, there are the employment mafias alluded to. Sad!

ROFLMAO.
This bubble will burst faster than Pharmacy.
I consult for a data science healthcare firm.
You people have no idea how much better outsourcing has gotten.
These jobs are getting outsourced to some hella competent people in Latin America, Eastern Europe, etc.
That's right, even India's outsourcing market has competition now.
Fast money = falsehood.

Reactions: 1 users
ROFLMAO.
These jobs are getting outsourced to some hella competent people in Latin America, Eastern Europe, etc.
Fast money = falsehood.
andddd h1b

ROFLMAO.
Fast money = falsehood.

It depends, really. Someone with an actual degree in statistics (the Jun Shao version of it with measure theory) are still highly sought after or those who have solid computational experience.

But the niches are always better paying, but the real test is to learn without documentation. I have and will hire for a work-from-home at $190k with OT for a FORTRAN programmer that has demonstrated experience in supercomputing and can maintain a Secret clearance or higher, and $120K for ones who cannot but still has the background. For someone who is new to supercomputing, it's still in the low $80sk anywhere in the country and those jobs are not easily displaced. If you also have competency in stochastic calculus, it's a pretty sweet deal. But yes, the code boot camp is just like the 1990s Java fad. Only the strong survive.

Oh god, another “code and make money” thread.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 users
It depends, really. Someone with an actual degree in statistics (the Jun Shao version of it with measure theory) are still highly sought after or those who have solid computational experience.

But the niches are always better paying, but the real test is to learn without documentation. I have and will hire for a work-from-home at $190k with OT for a FORTRAN programmer that has demonstrated experience in supercomputing and can maintain a Secret clearance or higher, and $120K for ones who cannot but still has the background. For someone who is new to supercomputing, it's still in the low $80sk anywhere in the country and those jobs are not easily displaced. If you also have competency in stochastic calculus, it's a pretty sweet deal. But yes, the code boot camp is just like the 1990s Java fad. Only the strong survive.

Are you a recruiter?

I have my three pronged Panama/Estonia/WV, bar on the beach/commit computer crimes/get on disability plan for when it goes tits up.

I have been looking into opening a brothel in Nevada, too. That seems doable. And more legal than the Estonia option. I mean what do you need? A building and the ability to recruit a handful of the ladies of the night to work in said building? Seems more plausible than a 8 week get rich fast scheme, anyway.

Wondering about avenues within pharmacy + coding. I'm an entrenched pharmd, but very interested in continuing to learn coding.