Date Mistake on AACOMAS EC!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiring20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I JUST found out about a date error in my AACOMAS EC section.

One activity that I did was from May 2009-July 2009, but on my application, I put May 2011-July 2011! The hours remain the same.

Since I can still edit my AACOMAS, can I just change the year and the system will automatically update everything?

Members don't see this ad.

And my application has already been verified/released, and I've received all DO secondaries.

@Goro

Members don't see this ad :)
I think AACOMAS re-sends everything on Tuesday if you make changes in your primary application, including dates of activities and such.

Have you made those changes already?

Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn't even bother sending in the secondaries, this cycle is over for you OP.

kidding :D

Just make the change and you'll be fine lol.

I think AACOMAS re-sends everything on Tuesday if you make changes in your primary application, including dates of activities and such.

Have you made those changes already?

Yes I did!

But if schools receive an updated primary, will they be confused and send me secondary applications...a second time? Are post-verification updates/corrections common? Should I email my schools as well?

I can't believe I didn't catch that! Fortunately, the length of commitment/number of hours remain the same, so I dont think schools would get the idea that I tried to fudge my numbers.

Your app hasn't even been reviewed yet, it's fine.

Yes I did!

But if schools receive an updated primary, will they be confused and send me secondary applications...a second time? Are post-verification updates/corrections common? Should I email my schools as well?

I can't believe I didn't catch that! Fortunately, the length of commitment/number of hours remain the same, so I dont think schools would get the idea that I tried to fudge my numbers.
Don't worry, it will be fine. I had to make a couple of modifications after I submitted and the schools weren't confused when sending secondaries.

And this might be a slight tangent. But if I am looking to complete my DO applications (including secondaries and LORs) by mid September, that's still considered fairly early/on time for DO schools, right?

I know that for MD schools, you got to complete things earlier. But it seems that it is commonly viewed that the DO cycle is longer.