Date mistake on AACOMAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GodLovesBagels

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I accidentally listed my medical scribe experience as starting on "5/1/19-current" rather than "5/1/18-current", although the calculated number of hours on AACOMAS was 2160 over 54 weeks which leads me to believe that I put the accurate start date in and i dont know why it says 5/1/19. What should I do? Is this a big deal? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Not a huge deal, but you should correct it if you can as a 2 month old EC with 2k hours is not possible.

Unfortunately, if you've already submitted, there's no way to edit a EC. You can submit a EC new entry with a corrected start date and just note in the description that the start date was edited to reflect correct date. You'll need to notify any schools you've applied to in order to have them re-download the updated version of your app though.

Not a huge deal, but you should correct it if you can as a 2 month old EC with 2k hours is not possible.

Unfortunately, if you've already submitted, there's no way to edit a EC. You can submit a EC new entry with a corrected start date and just note in the description that the start date was edited to reflect correct date. You'll need to notify any schools you've applied to in order to have them re-download the updated version of your app though.
What do you mean by 're-download the app'? Do they download your app when it gets verified and don't see any updates unless you tell them?