"Date Submitted" but no "Date processed"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobcat

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After I received a "have a nice day" message, I verified the submission by looking at the print out. Unfortunately, I had a submission date but no processing date. Plus, there was not a checkmark by certification and transmission. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Smae with me on the lack of a checkmark - no date processed makes sense because they won't actually get around to processing it until monday (HA - if you're lucky).

i actually thought the 'date processed' was to indicate when someone at amcas actually went through our app to verify our grades against our transcripts, fixed minor mistakes, etc, before sending it off to schools...so it will be a few weeks before a date shows up for that.

but i could be wrong. very possible at this hour. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I logged into AMCAS last night to check the app printout (I submitted early Friday morning) and also had no checkmark by "certification and transmission". My printed app showed the date of submission as Friday, but had N/A in the processed and certified blanks. I'm sure sandflea's right about the date processed not happening for a few weeks. Good luck everyone.

I also got an N/A next to Date Certified and Date Processed. Shouldn't there be a date next to Date Certified if we've submitted the application or is this just be another error in the program?

i had a date next to 'date certified' when i printed my app out. but i don't have a checkmark next to 'certification/ transmission' when i log back into my app. i noticed this right after i submitted it so i went back and certified it again (without trying to resubmit). but there's still no checkmark.

it makes me wonder if i didn't submit my app after all!! although when i look in the 'designate med schools' section, my balance is now $0. anyone else have the same problem?

i transmitted last thursday. i logged-in on friday and printed out the application. at that time the date for certification, submission, and processing were all filled-out. i logged in yesterday and only the submission date was filled out. processing and certification were not. if you read the help menu, you will find that you can certify and submit numerous times to change information (such as add schools, change contact info). however, various info on the initial transmission cannot be changed. because you can certify and submit numerous times, the check-mark will not appear on the menu, even though you have already transmitted. do not worry about it. i checked with my credit card company today, and the correct amount was charge by AMCAS, so it appears that it is being processed. good luck to all.

mdhopeful summed it up well. I'd just like to add that according to the help program with the AMCAS app, you will be notified by email when your app is certified, and also, I believe, when it transmits.

All,

So I guess we are all to conclude that if you received the "have a nice day" message and you have a date for "Date Submitted," then you're application has been sent to the gremlins over at AMCAS. By the way, am I the only one who thought that the "have a nice day" message was a tad eerie?

i thought that the 'have a nice day' message was a bit ironic, almost sarcastic, although i'm sure this wasn't intentional...

No, no, no...AMCAS cares about each one of us. The have a nice day message gave me a great big warm fuzzy feeling inside! :D I slept better after I submitted at 2:30am knowing that the faceless automatons at AMCAS are looking out for ME!

just got off the phone with AMCAS. if you received the "have a nice day" message after you transmitted, then your application was indeed transmitted. at this time they cannot confirm transmission over the phone, so don't bother calling them. they said an email will be going out in 2-3 days to confirm the transmission. do not worry, we are all in the same boat. good luck.

Thanks MDHopeful! You just saved me a long distance call to the incompetent AMCAS people. Another good way to check if you transmitted your application (By the way I can't take credit for this idea because I learned it from another premed at my college) is to call up your credit card company and see if AMCAS charged your card. I was happy to hear that my $ 600 plus transaction was successfully made last night.

My question to everyone: will the upcoming email let us know if AMCAS has received our college transcript, or would it be more prudent to harrass them over the phone?

Thanks. Peace and Premed love. :) :)

i called them to confirm that they received my transcripts. i don't think there is any other way to do it. i applied two years ago and the phone number that now allows you (after an hour's wait) to reach someone to ask questions, used to be for an automated system that would allow you to check the status of your app. it was very useful: you just entered your SS#, and it would tell you if they received your transcripts and which schools these transcripts were from, whether or not your app had been received, etc, etc. if there's anything like this now, i have no idea how to access it.

there are 2 ways to find out if your transcripts have been received. i suggest the first, such as sandflea mentioned: call AMCAS to check. however, know that they will only check what they have in their computer. when i called today 4 of my 5 transcripts were received in their computer system. however, they admit to having thousands of transcripts in their mailroom that are waiting to be "keyed in" to their system. when i called a month or so ago and the operators had more time, they were willing to walk over to the mailroom receiving folder to check if the transcripts were there. now, since they are busy, they won't do that. the second way, i believe is mentioned in the help menu to AMCAS is that after you transmit, they will try and match your transcripts to your app. if they do not have the transcripts, they will send you an email. every ten business days they will send you the email until your transcripts are received. i am not aware if the upcoming email will confirm transcript receipt. i imagine that it only confirms app transmission and not transcript receipt because that process takes longer. i do know that somewhere on AMCAS is says that there is a way to check app status via an automated system and also an additional way to check on the web, but i have not been able to find these methods. i do not think they exist. if anyone has any further info, it would be welcomed. good luck.

i'm willing to bet that they'll put up links to check app status once we all get further along in the app process. i noticed that there was a way for 2001 applicants to check, so i'm sure that something will appear for us soon....

I submitted yesterday and balance I owe is $0.

When I print my app, I have N/A for Date submitted.

Something wrong?

have u noticed that half the info doesn't appear on your print out? I printed it out and my birthdate, country etc didnt appear...

I called them up. they said dont worry, it has bugs, no REALLY? :rolleyes:

said as long as the info is in the computer that is fine :D