Dates for starting 2006 Dental programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MK017

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know each school is different but generally speeking what are the dates to remember for 2006.

When should the DAT be taken by (or retaken)?
When do early apps start?
What is the general official apps months?
When are interviews generally ?
When do you get the official yes or no?

I'm still in undergrads and just wanted some advise on time frames to plan for for the 2006 programs.

Members don't see this ad.

MK017 said:
I know each school is different but generally speeking what are the dates to remember for 2006.

When should the DAT be taken by (or retaken)?
When do early apps start?
What is the general official apps months?
When are interviews generally ?
When do you get the official yes or no?

I'm still in undergrads and just wanted some advise on time frames to plan for for the 2006 programs.

A good idea would be to aim for May or June to take the DAT. That way, if you need to retake, you'll have plenty of time. The app comes out in mid-May. Try to apply by August so you can get an interview spot before Dec 1. You can submit your app before taking the DAT or securing all your LORs. Dec 1 is the earliest date you hear about acceptances, but after that, its all up to the schools.

Do a search to find out about these items in more detail.

I would even take the DAT a little earlier, maybe even late march or early april. That way if you don't do as well as you hope you can retake in late june or july to be on the safe side.