Dating a Med Student

Started by dejablue10
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dejablue10

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

Long story short, I've been dating my boyfriend for a little over 1.5years. We are still in undergrad (almost done, yay), but soon he will be studying for and taking the MCAT, and before we know it he'll be applying/attending medschool. As for me, I will also be attending a professional school. Because there are only 21 schools in the country that have my program I'm almost certain we'll be in a long distance relationship (for the record, our entire relationship has been a LDR).

My question is, how difficult is it to maintain a relationship while someone is in medschool? It'd be GREAT if I could hear from med students and their significant others on this.

I'm crazy about him, and I just want us to work. I'm just afraid that the stress that comes with medschool and the fact that he'll honestly have no time for me/us will cause our relationship to dwindle.

Any advice/personal experience/input?