Dating in neurosurg---

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paperbagprincss

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What year is he in? Not that it matters much as neurosurgery isn't exactly known for its amazing-amounts-of-free-time, post-residency lifestyle. I have a close friend who dated a NS resident, and it was the same for her. ACGME be damned, they worked around 100 hours a week when you counted just quickly "slipping in" to the hospital to check on a few patients or the extra time spent at home reading, reviewing charts, preparing for the next day. She also had many, many canceled dates because he would have to work late when it was unexpected. You really have to ask yourself how much you like him because it probably won't change...

Members don't see this ad :)
His hours will be long until he retires. He'll be home half as much as a 'regular' husband; which is fine, so long as he's twice the man. :)

I've been dating a guy through med school- and now he is a 5th year NS resident. It hasn't been all that difficult. There are times when he is stretched thin but don't let people bring you down.

Wow, this is so not a place to meet people. :eek:

Speaking of funny dating stories, my fiancee is in a field that not many straight men go into, and when he was out with a group of his coworkers one of the piped up, "Did you know he's engaged to a neurosurgeon? Isn't that cool?" Another coworker who was intrigued then asked, "Wow, so where did you meet HIM??" :smuggrin:

Wow, this is so not a place to meet people. :eek:

Speaking of funny dating stories, my fiancee is in a field that not many straight men go into, and when he was out with a group of his coworkers one of the piped up, "Did you know he's engaged to a neurosurgeon? Isn't that cool?" Another coworker who was intrigued then asked, "Wow, so where did you meet HIM??" :smuggrin:

wait a second, what field is this? off the top of my head, i'm thinking derm (no offense to the straight derm enthusiasts out there).

if not derm, then who?

Last edited:
wait a second, what field is this? off the top of my head, i'm thinking derm (no offense to the straight derm enthusiasts out there).

if not derm, then who?

not necessarily medical mate!