Dating in pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ImmunoPharmD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How easy is it to get dates with your fellow classmates? If they are not interested in dating, should I look into the other classmen in non-pharmacy related programs? Or what if I'm super busy with school and rotations, should I look up dating potential mates while at rotation sites? How do we find love in schools where people just want to focus on their studies?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
We share a building with the nursing students.

Basically, I'm looking for a hot asian pharmacy/medical student who is on her way to making big bucks. She cannot be strongly political (anti-this, pro-that), religious is fine, but not too religious. Her parents must like me, and cannot be strict as to prohibit her spending time with me. She has to be witty and smart, and must be able to make me laugh. She has to love playing video games, and once in a while make a comment on how sexy/hot I am. She has to be liberal enough to get down and dirty with me, but be conservative enough to not cheat on me.

Reactions: 1 user
Basically, I'm looking for a hot asian pharmacy/medical student who is on her way to making big bucks. She cannot be strongly political (anti-this, pro-that), religious is fine, but not too religious. Her parents must like me, and cannot be strict as to prohibit her spending time with me. She has to be witty and smart, and must be able to make me laugh. She has to love playing video games, and once in a while make a comment on how sexy/hot I am. She has to be liberal enough to get down and dirty with me, but be conservative enough to not cheat on me.

Eharmony.com

Stay out of the same class cookie jar, if possible. Can it be done? Sure, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Stay out of the same class cookie jar, if possible. Can it be done? Sure, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I'm getting desperate though...should I date someone younger than me? I fear that the younger girls won't have prospects...

Undergrad campus *Devil Face*
OoOoOo)00oo0

Come back in a few years and tell us what your new "must-haves" are. We'll see how many of these fall off the list.

Tall order, dude. I wish you well on your search for finding one that is dirty and tells you how sexy/hot you are too. If it does happen, don't expect it to after 4 to 6 weeks into dating.

Members don't see this ad :)
Come back in a few years and tell us what your new "must-haves" are. We'll see how many of these fall off the list.

I dont think any of those are too unreasonable to ask, with the exception of the asian thing.. which cuts off like 75% of potential mates.

OP needs to up his game. .. Seriously

Tall order, dude. I wish you well on your search for finding one that is dirty and tells you how sexy/hot you are too. If it does happen, don't expect it to after 4 to 6 weeks into dating.

Why is that? She has to be faithful...am I right?

I dont think any of those are too unreasonable to ask, with the exception of the asian thing.. which cuts off like 75% of potential mates.

OP needs to up his game. .. Seriously

You may have gotten some lucky hits, but I agree with Spiriva's comment. I've had a few nice girls in my time, but there was always at least one or two things missing from his list. It would be hard for me to find all those qualities plus have racial preferences and family expectations.

What? no weight specifications? or preferred first names?

What a laundry list! This sounds too good to be true! :laugh:

Given how you described yourself - "not athletic, introverted, nerdy" - how many bullet points do you think you'd satisfy on a girl's checklist? Professional schools are full of flawed people expecting their degrees to make up for everything else. Self-awareness is a good thing my friend.

What? no weight specifications? or preferred first names?

Well I do like her normal weight, but without the beer belly. Also, she MUST have a hourglass figure. First name must be classy, preferably French-classy.

Given how you described yourself - "not athletic, introverted, nerdy" - how many bullet points do you think you'd satisfy on a girl's checklist? Professional schools are full of flawed people expecting their degrees to make up for everything else. Self-awareness is a good thing my friend.

To her, I'll be the most romantic dude she's ever met in her life. I make her laugh, and she wants to be around me 24/7. I never said I was overweight if that's what you're implying. I'm not athletic in terms that I don't play sports often. I'm normal weight. I'm introverted, but I talk when I need to. I just don't many interesting things to talk about. I'm nerdy in that I understand things being taught to me, but not nerdy enough to recall facts and figures. I make mistakes too.

But it doesn't matter because she will love me for having these characteristics.

Well I do like her normal weight, but without the beer belly. Also, she MUST have a hourglass figure. First name must be classy, preferably French-classy.

Are you serious or just horribly shallow? You're never gonna find a woman with all of those qualities. Whatever happened to smart, good head on her shoulders, with a good heart and personality?

You may have gotten some lucky hits, but I agree with Spiriva's comment. I've had a few nice girls in my time, but there was always at least one or two things missing from his list. It would be hard for me to find all those qualities plus have racial preferences and family expectations.

LOL I thought I was the only one with crazy preferences. But it seems pretty clear across the boards that these are our ideal preferences when it comes to choosing the perfect mate. :laugh:

Are you serious or just horribly shallow? You're never gonna find a woman with all of those qualities. Whatever happened to smart, good head on her shoulders, with a good heart and personality?

I'm not being shallow, I'm just acting based on my evolutionary instincts. BTW, are you a female? Can I hit on you?

At my school almost all of the ladies are either married or in a relationship already so don't expect too much haha

I'm not being shallow, I'm just acting based on my evolutionary instincts. BTW, are you a female? Can I hit on you?

According to your list, I don't make the qualifications: I won't compliment you (aka call you sexy/hot), not asian, and I hate video games... not to mention, you're still in school, which means you're broke. I need someone who with a job now, not in 3 or 4 years.

According to your list, I don't make the qualifications: I won't compliment you (aka call you sexy/hot), not asian, and I hate video games... not to mention, you're still in school, which means you're broke. I need someone who with a job now, not in 3 or 4 years.

I'm not broke...I have grad plus loans to hold us over, I do work btw! But if you're not considering, then that's fine. :)

Last edited:

Word! :thumbup:

Oh Immuno, you're crackin me up...how's your girl gonna maintain her hourglass figure if she's always stuck spending time with her "non-athletic", video game playing boyfriend? and.....how's she suppose to get down & dirty w/you and be a freak between the sheets if she's gonna be busy loving and playing those video games with you? :idea: Did not think this through. :laugh:

Word! :thumbup:

Oh Immuno, you're crackin me up...how's your girl gonna maintain her hourglass figure if she's always stuck spending time with her "non-athletic", video game playing boyfriend? and.....how's she suppose to get down & dirty w/you and be a freak between the sheets if she's gonna be busy loving and playing those video games with you? :idea: Did not think this through. :laugh:

hmmmm..I always thought that as long as you don't over eat you don't gain weight. Well, w/e my girl will be hawt.

hmmmm..I always thought that as long as you don't over eat you don't gain weight. Well, w/e my girl will be hawt.

nah, maybe if she's underweight, but if she just sits on her butt playing video games all day, even if not overeating-> it will show.

Oh, I know..It's already looking like she will be very hawt. Use the same line you used on Browneyes!

nah, maybe if she's underweight, but if she just sits on her butt playing video games all day, even if not overeating-> it will show.

Oh, I know..It's already looking like she will be very hawt. Use the same line you used on Browneyes!

Oh, are you mad/jealous that I didn't hit on you? :confused:

Now don't be so quick to judge. Maybe he's addicted to video games like Wii Fit :smuggrin:

I have a couple friends who met their wives in pharmacy school. That said, someone who's "getting desperate" probably shouldn't have such a long list of demands... good luck with that

Learn from Schmitty and throw a $ in the douchebag jar ;)

I fit this list almost 100%, but I hate video games and my parents are very hard to please. They are very picky.

Come on now...think here. If someone is good looking and smart and have good money etc. they will be very picky and their family will be even worst. That's going to always be the case. Looks, smarts and money is ranked the highest on everyone's list so the people that have that are going to be picky.

Good luck.

Most women tend to date up. If your status/value is lower, you'd have tough time getting these girls. You want to outwit, have good looks, and make more money than her to attract those kind of quality you mention. Women NEVER date someone she does not admire. People tend to be attracted with someone with the same physical attributes also. Rarely, you will see a couple that's super ugly and hot unless one overcompensates with money/funny/smart/leadership whatever survival skill that man possess. Good luck building these traits or lower your standard

I met my wife when I was taking some business options in my final year of pharmacy. One pharmacist in a class of business students are good odds.

Now I own my own pharmacy and shes my accountant :D

I fit this list almost 100%, but I hate video games and my parents are very hard to please. They are very picky.

Come on now...think here. If someone is good looking and smart and have good money etc. they will be very picky and their family will be even worst. That's going to always be the case. Looks, smarts and money is ranked the highest on everyone's list so the people that have that are going to be picky.

Good luck.

Which always sucks for me because I don't have money to start with. All the money I earn goes toward paying my expenses.

Most women tend to date up. If your status/value is lower, you'd have tough time getting these girls. You want to outwit, have good looks, and make more money than her to attract those kind of quality you mention. Women NEVER date someone she does not admire. People tend to be attracted with someone with the same physical attributes also. Rarely, you will see a couple that's super ugly and hot unless one overcompensates with money/funny/smart/leadership whatever survival skill that man possess. Good luck building these traits or lower your standard

This explains why I have such a hard time dating. I can't seem to get interested in women that I consider normal. The ones I'm interested in are in a higher league, and they're usually taken. If they're not taken, they usually seem super busy with school or they don't like me at all. I used to be in love with a female friend of mine whom I always thought was a league up in life. She always outright rejects me whenever I talk about us being a couple, with her reasons being has to do with me not being a certain height and ethic requirement. I hated her ever since for doing that, and I never talk to her ever again after realizing what a fool I was. Now I have trouble finding women because I'm scare I can't be good enough. Like I said, I don't have much money, and I"m not athletic either. :(

Last edited:
Dating the hot Asian is fun until it's not (or insert any hot girl for that matter). Generally, the hotter they are, the less personality they have and more maintenance they need. In the end you'll feel like you took on a psych project rather than a companion. Id focus my list on core values. Find someone that is kind hearted and has strong family ties. That's the sort of person you can spend a long time with.

Absolutely! But I figured I wouldn't be lucky enough anyway because I'm sporting a really puffy beer belly and "scooby" is not French-classy.... :(
If your first name really is Scooby, that's interesting/exotic enough. I never really though about names being a big deal, and I've dated plenty with average names, but my current girlfriend does have a french-classy name, and it's oddly attractive. :laugh:

Good luck.
I never knew you were asian or liked video games. The hot girl who likes video games is a really tough combo, probably the hardest part about the list. The way I see it, you can't realistically be together doing things 24/7, so toss the video games into that "doing your own thing" part. Maybe she's reading, doing some hobby, watching a tv show, etc.

And for anybody who said Immuno was shallow, his physical specifications were pretty vague. He didn't say anything about weight, height, hips, bust, etc. Most of his requests were personality and family based, which is actually what you should be after.

This explains why I have such a hard time dating. I can't seem to get interested in women that I consider normal. The ones I'm interested in are in a higher league, and they're usually taken. If they're not taken, they usually seem super busy with school or they don't like me at all. I used to be in love with a female friend of mine whom I always thought was a league up in life. She always outright rejects me whenever I talk about us being a couple, with her reasons being has to do with me not being a certain height and ethic requirement. I hated her ever since for doing that, and I never talk to her ever again after realizing what a fool I was. Now I have trouble finding women because I'm scare I can't be good enough. Like I said, I don't have much money, and I"m not athletic either. :(
Go pick up some heavy objects and put them down. Repeat for 30min-1hr, and do it >3 times per week. Ta-da! You're athletic. Sorry about the height thing, but at least shorter people are better at powerlifting.

Maybe I should go after girls who aren't in professional schools. I think its better for one accomplished individual to date home-grown/normal guy/gal to achieve maximum happiness. Am I right?

Maybe I should go after girls who aren't in professional schools. I think its better for one accomplished individual to date home-grown/normal guy/gal to achieve maximum happiness. Am I right?

If you're a troll, good work. If you're for real and young and dumb, here's one for you.

If you hunt and chase they will run. If you bait and trap, they come to you.

You'll just be farting out $100 bills. :rolleyes:

Why not a vet student? More than likely, they're in professional school to help sick animals. What more could you ask for? :love:

If you're a troll, good work. If you're for real and young and dumb, here's one for you.

If you hunt and chase they will run. If you bait and trap, they come to you.

I vote for troll.

You'll just be farting out $100 bills. :rolleyes:

Why not a vet student? More than likely, they're in professional school to help sick animals. What more could you ask for? :love:

hmmm...this animal is sick and helpless. And no I'm not a troll

Which always sucks for me because I don't have money to start with. All the money I earn goes toward paying my expenses.

There you go. You found your problems. If you want an extremely good looking woman you have to have money. You have to be successful. Donald Trump anyone?

You have to work on yourself first. Make yourself successful, make yourself stand OUT. You are in pharmacy school right? Well, work hard do well. Prove that you are a good leader and get a good job (Try to get Its Z's job if you can that will help attract women ;))

I tell this to my guy friends all the time. You want a hot girlfriend. Work on yourself first. Make yourself successful and the women will start coming to YOU. I can promise you this.

If your family don't have money that's okay. As long as YOU have a good career and make big bucks you will never have to worry about not finding a hot woman. That's a guarantee. Work on yourself first. Good luck. :)

Lastly, don't ever be desperate or worst let women know you are desperate. Posting a thread like this shows that you are desperate! That's a major turn OFF. Putting yourself on a dating website that's also desperate. Adversting yourself hardcore to try to get dates is extremely desperate. Telling a woman she is hot is very desperate. DO NOT do anything desperate. The more confident you are and the less you care if you have a girlfriend or not the more attractive you will be. Don't ever do anything desperate.

I never knew you were asian or liked video games. The hot girl who likes video games is a really tough combo, probably the hardest part about the list. The way I see it, you can't realistically be together doing things 24/7, so toss the video games into that "doing your own thing" part. Maybe she's reading, doing some hobby, watching a tv show, etc.

And for anybody who said Immuno was shallow, his physical specifications were pretty vague. He didn't say anything about weight, height, hips, bust, etc. Most of his requests were personality and family based, which is actually what you should be after.

I hate video games. I only played Mario a few times b/c I thought Yoshi was really cute. lol