Datqvault vs. Crack

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

J777

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I just started studying for DAT and am trying to get my materials together. As for supplemental DAT practice questions, does anybody have any experience with both the DATqvault and Crack DAT? Specifically, how do both compare in terms of reading, quantitative reasoning, and sciences? I understand that Crack PAT is a great resource. Aside from that, any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

i think datqvault was a great resource. i thought the bio section especially was most closely resembled my real DAT exam. unfortunately for me, i discovered it about 2 weeks before my real DAT's so i only used about half of the exams. crack the PAT is a must in my opinion. the resources i used:

KBB, DAT destroyer (the regular version; incredible o.chem review/practice), crack PAT, datqvault, and that popular dat practice exam (the name escapes me at the moment).

i got a 22 overall. oh and one piece of advice, dont let the practice exams discourage you at all. on my practice exams, i never broke the 19 mark lol, and i consistently got around 16-17 on bio. even on my practice exam the night before my real test.

I agree with everything indplayer wrote above!

As far as qVault goes--great resource to have. I only used it for Bio and was in their beta group to test for their other subjects, but I don't think I did. Bio was super useful though.

I also had the entire Crack DAT bundle, and science was a killer. I used to get discouraged from it a lot (when I thought these scores were representative of what I knew) but I taught myself to learn from these practice tests, and for that, it was a great resource. The math section is good, but it made me over-confident. Scored 25's on their tests (probably b/c they're all the same), but got a 20 on the real one. The math section on the real test has WAYYYY MORE Geometry than I expected.

PAT was great! I would do that in class when I was bored all the time.

Reading...well RC section is just a bore, but its good to have the stamina of doing all 3 passages in one go.

But for OChem, remember the roadmaps from Destroyer! I only memorized 2 of them, and those were so helpful!! Wish I had done more, but didn't have time.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your responses. I really appreciate the input. Did you finding reading to be comparable between vault and crack? How about real dat?

Never used qVault's RC, but CRACK DAT's RC was "harder" than what the real thing was like. They were asking too many inference/tone questions. Use TOPSCORE for RC, and that's right on the mark