Dats are good this year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bizznet

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it me or does every other person seem to be scoring really high this year?

last year it seemed like barely anybody scored a 20aa or higher. And this year it seems like your ******ed if you don't score a 23+.

Good job to those of you who have scored well so far.

Good luck to the people who have to apply against these recent dat takers.
:)

Please don't cry if you have 22AA and 16QR

Members don't see this ad.

Remember SDN only represents a tiny fraction of applicants. And on top of that only a handful of people have posted scores thus far. Look at the ADEA 2008 guideline for dental schools, and that will be the truth as far as last years scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I was all about posting my scores last year (before the test), then got a 16AA and did NOT advertise those to the SDN world! So probably if you did poorly, you're not going to post your scores... even if I did average I'd probably feel dumb posting knowing every other post has a 20+!

Remember SDN only represents a tiny fraction of applicants. And on top of that only a handful of people have posted scores thus far. Look at the ADEA 2008 guideline for dental schools, and that will be the truth as far as last years scores.

agreed,
pretty much everyone on this site has a little extra drive to do what they want then the other "normal" people trying to pursue their goals.

eg.
I knew a girl (she was actually not THAT young?) who told me that she was going to take the DAT. when i asked how much she had studied she replied, "those things you don't study for", i just went :confused:

bottom line, she didn't get in anywhere. nor do i expect her to.

Why would anyone lie? This isn't gpa where it can be calculated differently to yield a higher number (We know why someone would do that, for themselves).
I believe all the scores.
Like others said, only the top predents are on SDN, and of those, only the ones who scored well would post.
These numbers do intimidate me...

Just wait til July/August.... you'll get all those crammers taking the test before they are considered "Late" even if they're not 100% ready. Scores will drop a little. (I speak from past experience) :)