DATs twice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marinojones

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone..wanted to ask you all--

if you take the DAT for the first time in june/july, dont do as well as planned ( i hope this doesnt happen), but have applied already...what happens if you want to take it again, but the schools receive your first scores and base everything on those scores??

how will they know that you are retaking it?

I know how highly emphasized it is to send the app asap, but I am worried that sending my app before my tests, if having low scores, will be devastating ...but just wanted some feedback on the process. Thanks! :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

marinojones said:
Hi everyone..wanted to ask you all--

if you take the DAT for the first time in june/july, dont do as well as planned ( i hope this doesnt happen), but have applied already...what happens if you want to take it again, but the schools receive your first scores and base everything on those scores??

how will they know that you are retaking it?

I know how highly emphasized it is to send the app asap, but I am worried that sending my app before my tests, if having low scores, will be devastating ...but just wanted some feedback on the process. Thanks! :scared:

On the application there is a section you fill out if you are going to be retaking the test.

so if youve already submitted your app and are waiting to take the test for the first time....how you will you know if you need to retake it already?

Members don't see this ad :)
life is about risk...make sure you prepare yourself well enough to where you don't have to retake it again...that's it

how many times can you take it until it starts looking bad?