Day of the interview...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sanfranalaska

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you guys do to get pumped for your interviews? I'm trying to make a new playlist of high energy songs. Any other ideas?
 
What do you guys do to get pumped for your interviews? I'm trying to make a new playlist of high energy songs. Any other ideas?

i would definitely go for the calming songs, but still lift me up.

If i had to choose, I'd say:
Ordinary People - John Legend
Open your eyes - Bobby Caldwell
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you guys do to get pumped for your interviews? I'm trying to make a new playlist of high energy songs. Any other ideas?

I totally pump myself up to!
Definitely add some Queen to your playlist. They're good for pre-interview jam sessions🙂

Do you watch The Office? You can do a Dwight Shrute and blast the music in the car and jam out crazy style lol :laugh:
 
I have the tendency to become nauseated prior to stuff like this. I find puking in the restroom to have a calming effect... but I wouldn't recommend it. It did work for me on the PCAT though.
 
I aimed for the middle. Being too tired can come off as an disinterested attitude. Being too energetic can be annoying or jittery. I slanted toward crazy because I interview best if I'm energetic.
 
What do you guys do to get pumped for your interviews? I'm trying to make a new playlist of high energy songs. Any other ideas?

This is not really answering the question about music but....

I don't know about being "pumped" but the evening before the interview, I review some information about the school, think a little about how I would answer certain questions, browse through current events, and then take the night off. I would do something relaxing and head to bed early. Before heading to bed though, I'd get everything ready; my suit and all my materials laid out so when I wake up in the morning I don't feel rushed.

Good luck!

PS. I like Stronger Kayne West
 
I totally dig Queen, I used to jam to Queen before chem and bio tests. I guess I can do the same for the interview. I have to work the morning of one of my interviews, but its at a coffee shop, so I guess I can drink some free coffee. Yikes, getting anxious and excited.
 
Machine Head by Bush is a song I love to listen to before interviews....the lyrics are great!!

def pumps me up 😎
 
This is not really answering the question about music but....

I don't know about being "pumped" but the evening before the interview, I review some information about the school, think a little about how I would answer certain questions, browse through current events, and then take the night off. I would do something relaxing and head to bed early. Before heading to bed though, I'd get everything ready; my suit and all my materials laid out so when I wake up in the morning I don't feel rushed.

Good luck!

PS. I like Stronger Kayne West

DORK! =P You should be studying! *ahem*
 
pumped? lol

i do quite the opposite..i have the "m'eh...who cares" attitude prior to arriving at the site...just so my mind is clear and i am calm.

HAH! That's what I did too! I was like "ok...nothing to lose", and then I made it!
 
What do you guys do to get pumped for your interviews? I'm trying to make a new playlist of high energy songs. Any other ideas?
I don't know anything about an interview, but before tests, I always listen to spanish music. It keeps me from getting caught up in the lyrics and forgetting everything. It's also very upbeat!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I go for a run the morning of the interview, it clears my mind and makes me feel alive (good old endorphins!).
 
This is not really answering the question about music but....

I don't know about being "pumped" but the evening before the interview, I review some information about the school, think a little about how I would answer certain questions, browse through current events, and then take the night off. I would do something relaxing and head to bed early. Before heading to bed though, I'd get everything ready; my suit and all my materials laid out so when I wake up in the morning I don't feel rushed.
Good luck!

PS. I like Stronger Kayne West

I agree here. It is important to know information about your school and current and future health care topics/issues. It gives you something to draw upon during your interview. Thank god I paid close attention to current events because I was able to knowledgeably discuss a couple of current issues besides the obvious ones. Without any previous experience as a pharmacy tech, I was worried that I would get a specific question that only a pharmacy technician could answer. So I did a lot of research on the roles of pharmacists in different settings (retail, hospital, etc). It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to do an industry analysis on pharmaceuticals, health care, etc.

p.s. More Than a Feeling by Boston will get you pumped
 
I love Stronger by Kayne West too!! After a long day of work and school I LOVE when it comes on and I can turn it up really loud and release all my pent up energy. I probably look like Dwight from the Office too...

good thing my windows are tinted way too dark! Except for the tickets I keep getting for it...😎
 
I think music to "pump" me would just make me more nervous. I had more than enough energy at my last interview, even though I couldn't sleep the night before.

Don't underestimate the power of the sympathetic nervous system! Hey- that could be a title for a new song...
 
I have not interviewed (yet!), but for the PCAT I made a inspiring playlist. I included "I Believe I Can Fly," cheesey, but moving. I also really dig Remy Ma's "Conceited," 'cause it makes you feel pretty invincible. Also "We Are the Champions," by Queen and Jay-Z "Show Me What You Got." Worked well enough for me to get me extra keyed-up.

Good Luck!
 
I didn't prepare at all for my interview. I went in a relaxed mindset, but I hit traffic and was a little late... The interview went well though because I didn't really think about it beforehand (less anxiety)
 
my interview is tomorrow. i'm slightly stressed b/c i have an exam before i leave for my interview. but i interviewed w/ this school last year, so i'm not as nervous. i kinda get a mix of all feelings: nervous, nauseous, excited...lol. i think it's mostly like an adrenaline rush for me, i kinda need to shake it out tho b/c last year i think i was a little too excited and couldn't keep my thoughts straight when i was speaking. (tho they did tell me later that my interview went well).

i just try to stay calm, but excited to give a charismatic attitude.
 
Hey Pyro,

I feel the same way you do. Where are you interviewing, UOP? If your interview went well last year, do you know why you didnt get accepted? I keep getting the impression that if you do well on interview, you get accepted.
 
Yeah it is definitely something to get nervous about..although I had only two ..*crosses fingers to get more*...but do try to relax!! I think its good you are listening to music. I was really excited too and talked super fast with this vaseline smile,lol,...but if you want some good music check this out:
Seabear - Arms

Indie..but a good song.