Dazed and Confused

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MarcoRamius

Marco Ramius
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I apologize if these sort of posts tend to beat a dead horse! I got an e-mail from Case yesterday on the cost of attendance. The budgeted amount for living expenses was like $14,000 :scared: I understand that the amount is based on a single student's needs. My question for all of you students who are married (and possibly have kids) is HOW DO YOU SURVIVE? :confused: It seems like even a single student would go through the 14,000 pretty quickly. Please advise!!!!Thanks. You all rock.

Members don't see this ad.

MarcoRamius said:
I apologize if these sort of posts tend to beat a dead horse! I got an e-mail from Case yesterday on the cost of attendance. The budgeted amount for living expenses was like $14,000 :scared: I understand that the amount is based on a single student's needs. My question for all of you students who are married (and possibly have kids) is HOW DO YOU SURVIVE? :confused: It seems like even a single student would go through the 14,000 pretty quickly. Please advise!!!!Thanks. You all rock.

What do you think they all do. They take advantage of the system. Its called Medicaid, etc!!! Also top ramen
Probabley alternative loans?

DIRTIE said:
What do you think they all do. They take advantage of the system. Its called Medicaid, etc!!! Also top ramen
Probabley alternative loans?

Yes, I sencond that... more private loans :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
MarcoRamius said:

Married with no kids = wife working.
Married with kids at home = food stamps and extra private loans.

What sort of private loans are available to dental students that would defer payments on the loan until the student completes dental school?