DC Job Market

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greenrustVT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the current state of the DC job market like?

Members don't see this ad.

A friend of mine works for Kaiser in the dc metro. To me it seems like a lifestyle gig. They work 40-45h a week and make 450 but good benefits m. Seems way underpaid to me esp w the cost of living. They just lost 9 of their docs who started their own group so are very actively looking for people.

Reactions: 1 user
I've noticed that the average salary seems around 450 which does seem low considering the COL. Thanks

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A friend of mine works for Kaiser in the dc metro. To me it seems like a lifestyle gig. They work 40-45h a week and make 450 but good benefits m. Seems way underpaid to me esp w the cost of living. They just lost 9 of their docs who started their own group so are very actively looking for people.
It’s not the pay. It’s the number days worked each month. A know a couple off people there

40 hours 5 days a week (locums covers ob occasionally) there it gets old. People want compressed schedules or make their own schedules these days

I saw a gas work ad for med Star Georgetown. Pat was 425-450k with a 75k sign on. This is low ? And is there any room to negotiate base at these academic places ?

It’s not the pay. It’s the number days worked each month. A know a couple off people there

40 hours 5 days a week (locums covers ob occasionally) there it gets old. People want compressed schedules or make their own schedules these days
What’s a better way to do this then? Like work locums, even as a new grad?

What’s a better way to do this then? Like work locums, even as a new grad?
That’s what my friend who lives in area does. Part time 0.5 (not at Kaiser) but another place and does locums elsewhere.

New grads I don’t recommend u do locums till u get it boards under ur belt which usually means one year.

Reactions: 3 users