DC/MD/VA Area - Genetics/Biochem night class?

Started by pritomd
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pritomd

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there any colleges in the DMV that have genetics of biochemistry after 6PM? I think I saw at GW that they had a biochem course two days a week from 6:15, but that was for a past spring semester....do any universities have either genetics or biochem @ night? Mason has genetics only in the morning, and doesn't have biochem @ night...I think I found that Marymount has biochem starting at 5, which may be tricky.
 
Bump, thanks for the response. There's a chance I'm gonna have to go an undesirable route and take genetics/biochem online via either UNE or Minnesota since taking them at G. Wash would run up to be like $3500 per class or something crazy like that....if only Mason had some night classes! Or I took these classes while I was still in college 😴
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh. My. GOSH! this was the type of thing I was looking for! Thank you so much. The biochem class is...Biochemistry of Physiology...is that a Biochem class or Physiology class 😕 ? And you're right..if I get in the SIE program, its only ~$250 a credit. And I can take some other science class in place of genetics, like immunobiology, microbio, etc etc. And they're ALL evening classes with leeway for travel time from work..thank you so much 😍
 
If he's a Citizen of the United States of America, is he a Citizen or the United States of America?

I mean, you don't know exactly until you consult the course manual / director / professor, but you could make educated guesses (the same as we could!)

Also, check the class code. If it comes with a "BIO" or "CHEM" word in it the AMCAS will probably list it as a Bio or Chem class.
 
Yeah, after reading the course desc and looking at their schedule of classes, I think it's UMD's version of General Biochem when it's 1 semester (versus Biochem I in the fall, and Biochem II in the spring)..so it suits my needs!

This is seriously great, thanks so much serenade. This is very suitable for my financials, AND I get a shot at taking some upper level sciences in the area. Now I don' have to drop $1226 per credit at George Washington or take some online class (UNE and Minnesota were what I was considering before as a fall-back)