DC Neuro Programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spnj889

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know about the DC neuro programs (specifically Georgetown and GWU)? I haven't heard much about them, and their websites aren't the greatest / updated. Any info on these programs would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It is a bit tough to find out about there programs, as they have less-than-ideal websites and aren't mentioned as much. I don't think either program is considered that weak or that good. My general sense is that they are fairly average programs that are somewhat competitive to match into b/c of location. I would not recommend Howard.

On a Resident salary and work schedule, I don't think living in DC would be that much fun. You can definitely have enough money for a modest life, but you'll be priced out of some things and working through some of the enjoyable times (happy hours, weekends, etc.) It can be tough to meet people and make connections outside of work if you don't have a lot of outside-of-work friends coming in. I would not want to hang out only with other Residents and Healthcare workers.

Yeah, it seems that Georgetown/George Washington are hard to learn about. Anyone else have experience with these programs?

If they are hard to learn about, they must not be that great... They are hardly ever mentioned, I agree..