DCC and BOLC Timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDSDCMUU

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I had a question about DCC And BOLC Timeline. Due to my school's academic calendar, I will not be able to attend DCC until after graduation. As it is currently, I know that this will prevent me from attending BOLC in June/July. I was wondering when the next available BOLC is and how long that one lasts. Thank you very much for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

As a Navy guy who only did “ODS” after graduation I am not exactly 100% what DCC and BOLC entail. But if you are a dental student and recipient of HPSP your detailer can 100% answer any of your questions about what to do here. I would email him/her or call with your concerns.

The dental corps will do its very best to get you into the All Corps BOLC starting in Jul. It's twelve weeks long, so you will need to graduate around mid-May (stipend will stop and you won't get paid until you report to DCC (Fort Sill) first week of June), first week of July, you will move to Fort Sam Houston in TX, snowbird there for about three weeks, end of October or in November, you will be moved to your first duty station.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The dental corps will do its very best to get you into the All Corps BOLC starting in Jul. It's twelve weeks long, so you will need to graduate around mid-May (stipend will stop and you won't get paid until you report to DCC (Fort Sill) first week of June), first week of July, you will move to Fort Sam Houston in TX, snowbird there for about three weeks, end of October or in November, you will be moved to your first duty station.
Does this happen only once a year?? What if my school ends around mid July??

Seems to be kind of (REAL) late. If this is the case, you will have to wait until a seat opens later in the year.

Reactions: 1 user