DDS and Residency application at the same time!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thesmilesurgeon

Reaction score
Hi.. I am a foreign-trained dentist. My question is can I apply to the same dental schools I applied dds/dmd for residency program? Or its better to avoid same schools? Will schools know that I hv done application in caapid & pass at the same time?

Members don't see this ad.

if u apply for both programs to the same school they will know and it wont look good as it will look as if u r just trying whichever way to get in. So dont do CAAPID and PASS at the same school. On the other hand u could for example apply to DDS/DMD at Boston and residency at Tufts.

Hi.. I am a foreign-trained dentist. My question is can I apply to the same dental schools I applied dds/dmd for residency program? Or its better to avoid same schools? Will schools know that I hv done application in caapid & pass at the same time?
Know that the admissions teams for both programs and evaluators are independent. Applying to residency and dds/dmd simultaneously is alright. I have asked several schools and they said both DDS/DMD program admissions committees are different than residency ones and even if you applied to the same school.

Members don't see this ad :)
if u apply for both programs to the same school they will know and it wont look good as it will look as if u r just trying whichever way to get in. So dont do CAAPID and PASS at the same school. On the other hand u could for example apply to DDS/DMD at Boston and residency at Tufts.
This is incorrect. AS and residency programs are different, and handled by different departments. There is no issue with trying your luck across both the places.

This is incorrect. AS and residency programs are different, and handled by different departments. There is no issue with trying your luck across both the places.
Yeah I checked.. Admission committee is diff except for 1-2 schools