dds in india

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bu2011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
can nebody tell me, if a dds/dmd dentist go to India then what salary range can he/she earn??
like after doing advanced standing course... go bakk to home country India.. then the salary range would be ??... if possible give some example like earning some xyz amount of rupees rite now in India.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I dnt knw the exact figures, but in Bangalore there are 3-4 dentists who have been trained from abroad and are practising there.

2 Dentists are in Apollo hospital bangalore on Banerghatta road and one has private practice near by and she did her DDS from BU itself. I saw her sign board and out of curiosity went to her office her assistant told me that she trained from BU.

I dnt knw them personally any of them. So, you should n't feel that there aren't people who dnt go back home after dds, may be they make money, pay their loans and later in life go back to "our own India"

I have heard of 2 people in Bombay, 1 trained in UCLA, the other I dont know....who are doing v well. I dont know their income (I consider it poor form to ask).

You can go back and start a practice on your own. The Dental council of India recognizes DDS/DMD degrees of most universities.

Members don't see this ad :)
please guys let me know the approx figures if u can

yeah but if ur not an indian citizen, you are not allowed to practice in india, so i assume all these people kept their indian citizenships.

if you are already a a dentist from india and do your dds (advanced standing) then it is recognised as equal to bds itself in india.. so assuming tht you are already a dentist from india, do ur DDS from US, then going back to india- u need to think financial and other factors.. atleast u have to be in US till the time u can pay back ur loans and save enough money to built a high end practice back home.

i will suggest talking to big hospitals like apollo etc which have specialied dentistry wings..but there too,u will be competing with MDS people.

well, its a tricky situation and needs serious thought and discussion..

Hiii!! Can someone plzzzz help me! I m realllyyy confuse how to persue further!! Plsss guide me ..and let me know is DDS valid in india???? cming back to india after doing dds is of any use ??? Is mds better or dds ??? Plsss lett me know? ?