DEA Strikes again!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

owlegrad

Uncontrollable Sarcasm Machine
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 1 user
"The nationwide settlement requires McKesson to suspend sales of controlled substances from distribution centers in Colorado, Ohio, Michigan and Florida for multiple years."

Holy crap, that sounds way worse than a small fine of $150M.

Reactions: 4 users
"The nationwide settlement requires McKesson to suspend sales of controlled substances from distribution centers in Colorado, Ohio, Michigan and Florida for multiple years."

Holy crap, that sounds way worse than a small fine of $150M.
They're just going to use FedEx to deliver to those states from other distribution centers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like DEA wanted to get their money quick before the new administration "deregulates".

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just another example of the DEA going after the wrong people. Why don't they go after the pharmacies placing the "suspicious orders"? Or better yet, the people coming in with fake scripts and actually abusing the drugs?

A wholesaler has more occurrences to easily generate a large fine than just one pharmacy, one pharmacy has more patients to generate a large fine than one doctor, one doctor has more money to pay a large fine than one single patient.

Reactions: 2 users
they've gone after individual pharmacies as well. not just cardinal / mckesson. im still surprise they haven't got to maryland. the abuse here is off the chart.

I wonder what actually happened - what order is so suspicious as to require this kind of response from the dea?

How is McKession supposed to know what the hell is going on in the pharmacy? They only thing I can think of is looking at controlled substances as a percentage of total orders.

I guess it's more about them not implementing some policy as opposed to any specific incidents.

How is McKession supposed to know what the hell is going on in the pharmacy? They only thing I can think of is looking at controlled substances as a percentage of total orders.

this has happened to Cardinal distribution centers in Florida like 2 years ago. the DEA shut them down and slapped a huge fine. saying how they suppose to know is not valid in court. it's not valid anywhere. they have to be held accountable for ruining the community..

I guess it's more about them not implementing some policy as opposed to any specific incidents.

Well they also are delivering to other pharmacies in the same area. If they're delivering a huge order to this pharmacy but not a lot to the other pharmacies in the same community, that should have been a red flag to Mckesson. That's how it alerts the DEA.

That's how the DEA picks what pharmacies to raid and audit. If you consistently order more controls than the other pharmacies around you, expect them to come. It's not really b/c you filled a bad script here and there. Your LP department should have come first anyways.