-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Dead server!!!
Started by chibiutena
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I
IamJetLi
try again tomorrow
So i was about a minute away from submitting my application when the server crashed!!!!!! Is anyone else having thte same problem with the ADeA website?
I called CS and kept getting a busy signal!
Your submitting your dent school app?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah but the deadline is tonight!!! Will the ADEA extend it because their tech sucks? This wasn't even like 5 minutes before...this was like a half hour before.
I was taking the DAT last week. And I had everything done at 10:30...when I was proofreading my application and then the stupid pos crashed.
You are REALLY late.
Unless you have godly stats...I would recommend not applying this cycle to save yourself couple of bucks.
But of course, if you have the money, I guess go for it...
Maybe you couldnt submit because AADSAS uses eastern time (please correct me if i am wrong) so although its only 10 pm here, its already 1 am according to AADSAS.
Unless you have godly stats...I would recommend not applying this cycle to save yourself couple of bucks.
But of course, if you have the money, I guess go for it...
Maybe you couldnt submit because AADSAS uses eastern time (please correct me if i am wrong) so although its only 10 pm here, its already 1 am according to AADSAS.
It went down at 10:30 my time, whcih is 11:30 eastern time. its not even that i can't submit...I can't access AASDAS at all, and haven't been able to for the past hour. I'm guaranteed into Illinois which is why I'm applying...
So i was about a minute away from submitting my application when the server crashed!!!!!! Is anyone else having thte same problem with the ADeA website?
I called CS and kept getting a busy signal!
Who cares.....you're late
People are already counting their acceptances
I bet the ADEA people will even laugh at you
I
IamJetLi
a lot of schools will take it till march or something. asdoh does 2 rounds of application cycles. 1 before dec1 and 1 after dec1 till march something. if it is due tonight but you can't get it in then send it in tomorrow. call adea and say the server was down. It happened to me before with my undergrad application and they let me through...good luck
To all the downers who posted in front of me (which, surprisingly, is most of you) Aside from the fact that most of SDN submitted during the summer, the process is designed to accept people up until the deadline. Of course the chances are smaller, but people do get in. For some, the opportunity cost of not getting in this year could greatly outweigh the couple hundred dollars in application fees.
To chibiutena: in case you were unaware, it is highly recommended to apply as early in the cycle as possible (May). You get a better chance at interviews, and later, acceptances. You can also submit your AADSAS application online before taking your DAT or before submitting your scores. There are so many parts to the application, do any or all of them as soon as you can-- don't wait for some other part.
I don't see a "server crash" as a likely reason for a deadline extension, but good luck anyways. If you don't get it in this year, keep ^^ in mind for next year.
To chibiutena: in case you were unaware, it is highly recommended to apply as early in the cycle as possible (May). You get a better chance at interviews, and later, acceptances. You can also submit your AADSAS application online before taking your DAT or before submitting your scores. There are so many parts to the application, do any or all of them as soon as you can-- don't wait for some other part.
I don't see a "server crash" as a likely reason for a deadline extension, but good luck anyways. If you don't get it in this year, keep ^^ in mind for next year.
Hey, as everyone said, it is really late. However, if you are a competitive candidate, then some school will most likely interview you in their second or third round of interviews, after people who got acceptances this week decline or the next round of interviewees. From experience (this fall), admissions take months to process applications. Chances are, imo, that your's will be processed faster since not many people apply this late. Safe estimate, if AADSAS takes your application, is going to take about 3-4 weeks for the schools to get your application (processing time, transcript verification,etc) and give it 2-4 weeks for the adcom to review your application. I would expect interviews past february-march. If money is not an issue, go ahead and apply.Unlike college or PhD apps, med school and dental school apps have a roll-in system, making it beneficial to apply ASAP. But hey, at some interviews, the admissions people told me that there often there are even 1 or 2 people who get accepted the day classes start (someone dropped out or never showed up) and some people get interviewed even past march and april.
If you decide to apply, then know that as long as there is a little chance, nothing is impossible. Don't lose hope.
Good luck.
Keep posting or pm if you need any help.
If you decide to apply, then know that as long as there is a little chance, nothing is impossible. Don't lose hope.
Good luck.
Keep posting or pm if you need any help.
It went down at 10:30 my time, whcih is 11:30 eastern time. its not even that i can't submit...I can't access AASDAS at all, and haven't been able to for the past hour. I'm guaranteed into Illinois which is why I'm applying...
didnt anyone notice that she said she was guaranteed a spot to illinois????????
how does that even happen anyway?
I
IamJetLi
the schools will judge on how good of an applicant to accept, not how early you send in your app. If the op is a good applicant they can even increase the number of entering seats to let them in or even bump them up to wastlist #1 instead of getting in the back of the line.
That's what I was wondering...didnt anyone notice that she said she was guaranteed a spot to illinois????????
how does that even happen anyway?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm GPPA in Illinois and have been since I graduated high school.
So whats the deal with aadsas, I cant even get on it?!
neither can I...Its been a good 12 hours.
maybe they are fixing the statuses of people who didn't get accepted on friday to show better news 🙂
That's what I was wondering...![]()
http://www.uic.edu/depts/oaa/spec_prog/gppa/
Regarding the original post, I'm sure Illinois will be happy to know they are getting a student who is on top of his game!🙄
wow you guys are mean.
i think they are mostly jealous that you have a guaranteed spot.
i think they are mostly jealous that you have a guaranteed spot.
Hahaha word.
At least now you know better not to wait till the last minute.
Good luck and hope things will work out for ya.
You haven't been to a real forum if you think this is meanwow you guys are mean.
Well I hope you did not screw yourself by waiting to the last minute.
You and I both. I've learned the hard way on several occassions that when you wait till the last minute, anything that can go wrong will go wrong...
Hope everything works out for you🙂
maybe they are fixing the statuses of people who didn't get accepted on friday to show better news 🙂
haha i wish that was the case. i didn't get into the 4 schools i applied to but there is still hope for the 2nd round.
i was thinking about applying to more schools but i don't know thats a good idea as it is kind of late. my gpa is a 3.7 and 19aa and 23 pat
any suggestion would be great! thanks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad