Deadline for Letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

milgaroo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if this questions was asked already, but if the school's application deadline is eg. January 1st. BUT if a letter or rec was sent to PharmCAS AFTER that deadline, would that be considered late?

In summary, :oops: are letters considered part of meeting the school's deadline?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I cannot give you an authorized answer but it makes sense that Pharm schools will consider what you described to be late. There are specific instructions saying all application materials must be received at the same time or it will not be honored.

I am not sure if this questions was asked already, but if the school's application deadline is eg. January 1st. BUT if a letter or rec was sent to PharmCAS AFTER that deadline, would that be considered late?

In summary, :oops: are letters considered part of meeting the school's deadline?

Thanks!

The letters are a part of your application, and thus a part of your responsibility to make sure they are submitted by the deadline. Some schools might give you a bit of lenience, but you wanna call and ask instead of assume. Best to just get them in ASAP by the deadline.

Members don't see this ad :)
along the same lines, does anyone know if pharmcas will forward your app despite having everything in? specifically:

applying to two schools and school #1 requires two LORs(professors) while #2 requires two LORs(one from a pharmacist)

and i have everything done, with 2 LORs(professors) received and 1 LOR not received(pharmacist).

will pharmcas forward my app to school #1 with the two LORs(professors) that are already received? or will i miss the deadline?

along the same lines, does anyone know if pharmcas will forward your app despite having everything in? specifically:

applying to two schools and school #1 requires two LORs(professors) while #2 requires two LORs(one from a pharmacist)

and i have everything done, with 2 LORs(professors) received and 1 LOR not received(pharmacist).

will pharmcas forward my app to school #1 with the two LORs(professors) that are already received? or will i miss the deadline?

PharmCAS does not check school deadlines so they send stuff ot the schools as soon as it is available. So if you submitted your application with 2 LOR, they will forward that. Once your Pharmacist LOR is available, they will also forward that too.

PharmCAS does not check school deadlines so they send stuff ot the schools as soon as it is available. So if you submitted your application with 2 LOR, they will forward that. Once your Pharmacist LOR is available, they will also forward that too.

YAY! I'll only miss 1 deadline instead of all of them! :rolleyes: