Deadline for PTCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTHopeful921

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is just a general question, and opinion really, but what do you all think is probably the latest you should submit a PTCAS application. I know all schools have different deadlines, but in your opinion what would you consider the latest you would submit an application. I've never done PTCAS before, and idk how long it takes to process everything, so thats why im asking, and im sure it would benefit others here on the website who are new to PTCAS also. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I would def encourage you to apply as early as possible. PTCAS usually takes around 4 weeks to verify your application before sending it out. It will def benefit you if you could e-submit sometime soon. PTCAS states that applications submitted before September 15th are verified twice as fast. I esubmitted my application on August 5th and it was verified and send out on August 15th. Even though some schools dont have rolling admissions and wont look at you app until their deadline, some schools do indeed have rolling and will review your app right away as soon as they get it.. the longer you wait, the harder it is. hope this helps

So, let's say School A's deadline for application is Nov 1.

Can I submit PTCAS application ON Nov. 1st? Say, Nov. 1st 11:59pm?

Will school A accept my application? Yea, you can tell I'm new to this.

Members don't see this ad :)
No. It can take PTCAS up to a month to send out your applications. If the deadline is Nov. 1, the latest you should submit on PTCAS is late September.

If the application deadline is Nov. 1st for a school, the absolute last time you can submit your application will be Nov. 1st by 11:59PM. It's stated when you submit your application on PTCAS (there's even a countdown to let you know when the application is due a week before the deadline).

what do you all think is probably the latest you should submit a PTCAS application.

Pull up the school's page on the PTCAS website. You will clearly see two dates: the deadline for the school, and the deadline for PTCAS. For the schools I am applying to, the dates are roughly 4 weeks apart: I have to get everything to PTCAS one month before the school's deadline. To be safe, I advise you to give yourself a big margin of safety. And the deadline is 11:59 pm Eastern Time for any date.

No. It can take PTCAS up to a month to send out your applications. If the deadline is Nov. 1, the latest you should submit on PTCAS is late September.

This is absolutely not true--please do your research before giving false information to new people on the forum. PTCAS specifically states in it's instruction manual that the listed deadline for a school is when ALL materials need to be received by PTCAS, not the school. This includes transcripts, LORs, and observation forms. You have until 11:59pm on that day to get it all in (meaning that it has been verified as received by PTCAS) and then PTCAS will process your app within 4 weeks and send it to that designated school. Go to the PTCAS website and download the instruction manual, everything you need to know is there!

I will say that it pays to do things earlier however just because PTCAS will get your app out sooner.

Good luck to you!

Please do your research before you disagree. I read that same statement on PTCAS as well but if you actually took the time out to see if it's true then you would agree with me. For example, if you look at the the PTCAS deadline for NYU, it's Dec 1st. Now, if you go to NYU's website, you will see that the deadline for their application is Dec 1st as well. So if you submit on Dec 1st for NYU, it would be too late since it takes up to a month for PTCAS to send the application out.

They might be right for some schools but from what I have seen, most of the deadlines are the same. So Kcrat, please do your research before you comment.

Please do your research before you disagree. I read that same statement on PTCAS as well but if you actually took the time out to see if it's true then you would agree with me. For example, if you look at the the PTCAS deadline for NYU, it's Dec 1st. Now, if you go to NYU's website, you will see that the deadline for their application is Dec 1st as well. So if you submit on Dec 1st for NYU, it would be too late since it takes up to a month for PTCAS to send the application out.

They might be right for some schools but from what I have seen, most of the deadlines are the same. So Kcrat, please do your research before you comment.

Ugh. I'm not going to get into an argument with you. On NYUs website, they discuss the deadlines as part of PTCAS. So for schools that participate in PTCAS, whatever they say the deadline is on their website, that's PTCASs deadline. Research, people. Anyway, OP get the instructions from PTCASand call the schools you are interested in! The end.

I'm really sorry to you two but can i get a third person's view on this? If what clam says is true, then I gotta hurry up for for Nov 1st deadline schools. Thank you!

regardless, you should try to get the app done as soon as possible since some schools have rolling admission, so the earlier you get it done the better your chances

I'm really sorry to you two but can i get a third person's view on this? If what clam says is true, then I gotta hurry up for for Nov 1st deadline schools. Thank you!

kcrat21 is correct. The listed deadline is the deadline by which everything must be received by PTCAS, not the school itself.

This is directly quoted from the PTCAS website:

"The deadline indicates when your materials must arrive at PTCAS (and not at the program)."

Hope this helps!