The admission process has been so much longer than I thought it would be! In the end, I have an acceptance at a PhD program, but would like to wait to hear from the waitlist at an MSTP. Since the deadline to decide on PhD admissions is April 15, while waitlists typically move on May 15, I am in a bit of a bind. Add to this that I just interviewed at a medical school that I really liked (they give a lot of leeway for research, and have a partially funded MD/PhD pathway), and I have even more time to wait. I've asked the MSTP about my position on the waitlist, and have yet to receive a reply. I will probably ask for an extension from the PhD program, hopefully to around May 15. My question: if I cannot get an extension, how binding is the April 15 PhD deadline? Do I just lose my deposit after an April 15 commitment, or am I obligated to attend the school? Thanks in advance.