Dean's List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Southern_Weather

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This past trimester I was eligible for Dean's list. I just found out though that I cannot be placed on it because I 'failed' the computer competency exam. I got the dates switched up and so the day I was supposed to take it I was unaware of and therefore absent and so it is an automatic fail. This exam counts for NO (zero) credits and is strictly a pass or fail and is used to allow students to not have to take a computer course. So because of this 'fail' I am not on Dean's list for the Spring trimester. My question is will medical schools frown upon this 'fail'? I am taking the exam this trimester (summer) but the 'fail' will appear on my transcript regardless. I realize this is neurotic of me but if something like this can keep me off Dean's list then perhaps its a bigger deal than I think. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, I don't think it's that big a deal if you're not on the Dean's List. The failing grade on your transcript might raise an eyebrow here or there, but if it's not worth any credits it at least won't adversely affect your GPA.

Reactions: 1 user
Dean's List doesn't matter. It's so universal among applicants to medical school that it doesn't even matter if we don't see it on your application. The GPA is what matters. The F won't affect your GPA, and it's not a big deal.

Reactions: 1 users
Great. Thank you. I just hate that a 'F' will appear on my transcript.