Dean's List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shirafune

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Basically, I have been on the Dean's list for every term up until now, but for this term, I am having trouble making the minimum letter graded unit requirement for the Dean's list. In short, I'm trying to save units and prolong my graduation for scholarship reasons while making time to do other things during the day. I have two options:

1) Take a 3 unit online class because my other classes and extracurriculars have more priority and take up all my time during the day (8AM - 5PM). The courses available all sound uninteresting and even a bit annoying. Not sure if this is worth my time.

2) Don't take a class and not make Dean's list this term.

If you were me, is it even worth the extra effort to make the Dean's list?

Members don't see this ad.

" The courses available all sound uninteresting and even a bit annoying. Not sure if this is worth my time."
You just answered your question. I highly doubt this will affect anything, but you know better than us if it's for a scholarship.
My opinion is this won't matter it's just one term.

Members don't see this ad :)
My first time to be off the dean's list was just this past semester. Although I was slightly bummed, I had already been accepted to my top medical school.

To be quite frank, it made me realize no one will care. Whether your application says dean's list 5x or 6x. Is there a difference? Not much. If they're weighing your application off the number of times deans list is achieved, they are wasting a ridiculous amount of time. I'd rather be judged because I did some great community events instead of just academics. MCAT and GPA will suffice.

Reactions: 1 user
Doesn't matter, everyone has it, your cGPA and sGPA are whats really important.

You know, I didn't even realize I was on the Dean's List until last semester. It sounds nice, but it really doesn't matter for this career path.

Concur with above. I don't think the Dean's list is important enough to sacrifice your time, money, effort, etc. I show the Dean's list letter to my parents because it makes them happy and it's nice and all but I don't derive any deep spiritual satisfaction from it and I don't expect it to matter to anyone. If people want to know how good a student you are they can just look at your grades and read your LORs!

Doesn't matter, chill about the Dean's List.