Debate: GPA or DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tounchie

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
which is more important and why?

Members don't see this ad.

They're both important :) but I would say DAT because a high DAT score can make up for a low GPA, whereas a high GPA with a low DAT score is like eh.
I don't know what I'm talking about, too much studying haha bye

We can't really know for sure about this, and everyone has a different answer. I personally think the DAT should be more important because it's an "equalizer." The DAT is supposedly the same difficulty for everyone, but there are definitely colleges that are harder/easier than others. This is just my opinion, though, and lots of people disagree.

We can't really know for sure about this, and everyone has a different answer. I personally think the DAT should be more important because it's an "equalizer." The DAT is supposedly the same difficulty for everyone, but there are definitely colleges that are harder/easier than others. This is just my opinion, though, and lots of people disagree.

agree..

Members don't see this ad :)
we can't really know for sure about this, and everyone has a different answer. I personally think the dat should be more important because it's an "equalizer." the dat is supposedly the same difficulty for everyone, but there are definitely colleges that are harder/easier than others. This is just my opinion, though, and lots of people disagree.

+1

Overall both are imp. But lets say you have a low undergrad GPA with everything else that looks good on your app. A strong DAT will help you compensate for the low GPA. If you have a very high GPA )3.8-9) and avg DAT of about 18-19 works the same way.
But rmr take into consideration: ECs, LORs, Major, Community service, leadership, etc.
Each person's case is always diff. thats why we have so many sdn threads of ppl asking if they have a chance at certain schools and what they should do.

Overall both are imp. But lets say you have a low undergrad GPA with everything else that looks good on your app. A strong DAT will help you compensate for the low GPA. If you have a very high GPA )3.8-9) and avg DAT of about 18-19 works the same way.
But rmr take into consideration: ECs, LORs, Major, Community service, leadership, etc.
Each person's case is always diff. thats why we have so many sdn threads of ppl asking if they have a chance at certain schools and what they should do.
Would a non-bio major be held to a different standard than a standard bio major? I would think even that doesn't matter much. It's all about the numbers.