Debating. PLEASE HELP!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SamKPharma

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know this is a factor of comfort level but I currently was accepted to two promising schools: University of the Sciences and University of Maryland. University of the Sciences has a great program and reputation. Two professors at the school are founders of ACCPE and big time faces. I like that it has a campus feel and is very dedicated to science in general. Some things I dislike about the school is some of the faculty is very proud. Also it is mostly a out of high school based program (I am a transfer). I really like their program but if i accept their offer then i would have to retake both I&II of my anatomy courses (I am currently taking II now) because they dont accept CC credits.

The university of Maryland on the other hand has faculty that are very personable. I dont have to take anymore prerequiste courses. I feel comfortable at the university but not the environment(baltimore).

ALSO, University of the scieces gave me a scholarship and this would cut down my costs by 10,000 a year compared to university of maryland.

If you were in my situation what would you do? and if anyone has any history with these schools please share.
 
I know this is a factor of comfort level but I currently was accepted to two promising schools: University of the Sciences and University of Maryland. University of the Sciences has a great program and reputation. Two professors at the school are founders of ACCPE and big time faces. I like that it has a campus feel and is very dedicated to science in general. Some things I dislike about the school is some of the faculty is very proud. Also it is mostly a out of high school based program (I am a transfer). I really like their program but if i accept their offer then i would have to retake both I&II of my anatomy courses (I am currently taking II now) because they dont accept CC credits.

The university of Maryland on the other hand has faculty that are very personable. I dont have to take anymore prerequiste courses. I feel comfortable at the university but not the environment(baltimore).

ALSO, University of the scieces gave me a scholarship and this would cut down my costs by 10,000 a year compared to university of maryland.

If you were in my situation what would you do? and if anyone has any history with these schools please share.

I heard you can get in state tuition at Maryland after first year.

I would choose Maryland. No more additional classes and great city. Go Ravens

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile
 
I heard you can get in state tuition at Maryland after first year.

I would choose Maryland. No more additional classes and great city. Go Ravens

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile

Its because your going to maryland, isnt it? lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Already graduated. Far from school. Don't know any community colleges that offer it over summer

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile
 
Already graduated. Far from school. Don't know any community colleges that offer it over summer

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile

Perhaps if you take the course at a CC or other school in Baltimore, you could move in a bit early which would allow you to get to know the area. Also, it may be beneficial for your in-state tuition petition for the next year...
 
Perhaps if you take the course at a CC or other school in Baltimore, you could move in a bit early which would allow you to get to know the area. Also, it may be beneficial for your in-state tuition petition for the next year...

Mmm perhaps. That could be an option

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile