Quantcast

Dec/Jan interview dates too late?

OATBooster | The Ultimate OAT Resource
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EyeSeeYou

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This question applies to SCCO, SUNY and Pacific.

If one has been invited to an interview at the schools listed above, is it considered late to be attending these interviews in mid December to early January? How badly do the chances of being accepted a seat go down?

I am only asking because I am trying not to schedule these interviews during my fall semester. School, as many of you know, is a huge distraction! I want to be relaxed and loosened up at my interviews and not all tensed up with stress from school.

Thanks!

princesspinknes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
scco is closed for 2 weeks for winter break..i had this same dilemma and as a result, had to interview the first few weeks of january. normally i would say you are fine, but in my year, and this year i would imagine, have been more competitive than usual, to the point that when i had my interview, the class was already about 60% filled. this is highly significant considering late january was still considered "on time" application period. my advice? try to schedule ur interview as soon as you can, between midterms and such if possible..definitely the sooner the better

cunikki

SCCO 2009
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i would say that sooner is better as well. any school that does rolling admission it is better to go interview as soon as you can because they will hand out acceptances to everyone that passes the interview and so even if you are qualified if you wait too long you will just end up on the waitlist ....... also as of this point scco has received 20% more applications than last year at this time..

prettygreeneyes

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you have your applications done and have been offered interviews, by all means take them now!!! Why on Earth would you put something like that off? I can understand that you want to be relaxed at your interviews and not have the stresses of school, but having interviews looming over your head for any longer than you have to? No thanks. Imagine how relaxed you would be when you have an acceptance letter in hand and know exactly where you will be in a year.

The earlier you apply - the better.