1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

december interviews left?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by saiyagirl, Nov 21, 2002.

1. saiyagirl

saiyagirl Guest

are there any december/january interview slots left anywhere? my application has been complete for a few weeks and i haven't heard anything yet (no good news, and no bad news). soooooooooooooooooooo i'm wondering whether i'm looking at february interviews (so i can take care of some financial arrangements).

but mainly i'm curious as to whehter my chances are shot, esp at my state schools (NY)

:(

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tBw

tBw totally deluded
    7+ Year Member

I don't know about the NY state schools but most of the schools I have heard from recently have still been offering December and January interviews.

4. athena21

athena21 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I know SUNY Buffalo has some slots open in December as well as January. Good luck!

5. dionysios

dionysios Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Most schools are completely full for Dec. They usually fill a specific month 3 to 4 weeks in advance.

6. DarkChild

DarkChild Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

just got an interview with MSSM for january...
    I know penn still interviews well into february...
    as for the rest, moi je n' sais pas

7. carmenrosie

carmenrosie Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't know about that--some schools might have a slot open up and call you for an interview. I got called on Monday (Nov. 18) and asked to come for an interview to Loyola on Tuesday (Nov. 26)...seems like they are looking to fill slots close to the holidays maybe?

8. tBw

tBw totally deluded
    7+ Year Member

exactly, one of my interviews was within 3 days of the invite, another school offered me three dates within 2 weeks. At first they had not offered these dates to me but when it became clear I was willing to travel at such short notice they had no trouble coming up with dates. It depends entirely on the school and how flexible the admissions staff are (and how lucky you get...) ;)