december interviews left?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

saiyagirl

are there any december/january interview slots left anywhere? my application has been complete for a few weeks and i haven't heard anything yet (no good news, and no bad news). soooooooooooooooooooo i'm wondering whether i'm looking at february interviews (so i can take care of some financial arrangements).

but mainly i'm curious as to whehter my chances are shot, esp at my state schools (NY)

:(

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about the NY state schools but most of the schools I have heard from recently have still been offering December and January interviews.

I know SUNY Buffalo has some slots open in December as well as January. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Most schools are completely full for Dec. They usually fill a specific month 3 to 4 weeks in advance.

just got an interview with MSSM for january...
I know penn still interviews well into february...
as for the rest, moi je n' sais pas

I don't know about that--some schools might have a slot open up and call you for an interview. I got called on Monday (Nov. 18) and asked to come for an interview to Loyola on Tuesday (Nov. 26)...seems like they are looking to fill slots close to the holidays maybe?

Originally posted by carmenrosie
I don't know about that--some schools might have a slot open up and call you for an interview. I got called on Monday (Nov. 18) and asked to come for an interview to Loyola on Tuesday (Nov. 26)...seems like they are looking to fill slots close to the holidays maybe?

exactly, one of my interviews was within 3 days of the invite, another school offered me three dates within 2 weeks. At first they had not offered these dates to me but when it became clear I was willing to travel at such short notice they had no trouble coming up with dates. It depends entirely on the school and how flexible the admissions staff are (and how lucky you get...) ;)