Quantcast

december vacation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pillowhead

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To add to the glut of residency application questions--

i am a 4th year and my husband and i are thinking of booking a vacation in mid-late december. i am planning on taking most of december and january off for step 2 and residency interviews. is it unwise to go on vacation at this time (being out of the country and unaccessible by email?) is there just too much else going on? just curious for opinions

Winged Scapula

Cougariffic!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
To add to the glut of residency application questions--

i am a 4th year and my husband and i are thinking of booking a vacation in mid-late december. i am planning on taking most of december and january off for step 2 and residency interviews. is it unwise to go on vacation at this time (being out of the country and unaccessible by email?) is there just too much else going on? just curious for opinions

Most residency programs do not interview during the last two weeks of December - too many people gone for holidays.

However, I would worry about not having email connections - are there internet cafes where you'll be going? After all, if you got an email invite to an interview, or a request for more infromation, you would hate to miss it. Most foreign countries I've traveled to (even in remote parts of the Middle East and Africa) have some internet access.