December worries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kniles5

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not yet accepted. How worried should we really be?

Members don't see this ad.

why would you apply to only 2 schools

SuperC said:
why would you apply to only 2 schools
My best chances and my first choices

Members don't see this ad :)
Your scores look good when did you apply? When did you interview?

tiny2533 said:
Your scores look good when did you apply? When did you interview?

MUSC on 10/14
VCU on 11/21

the dean of admissions at VCU did tell me to contact him if I didn't get into MUSC in the first round.
Honestly, I didn't think I would be in this position. :(
I guess the competition is brutal!! :scared:

Kniles5 said:
MUSC on 10/14
VCU on 11/21

the dean of admissions at VCU did tell me to contact him if I didn't get into MUSC in the first round.
Honestly, I didn't think I would be in this position. :(
I guess the competition is brutal!! :scared:

You did apply a little late. I am not sure about the 2 schools you applied to, but your scores are good enough to get you in at quite a few schools. Just wait it out -- I think you have a good shot at getting in.

tsgalloway said:
You did apply a little late. I am not sure about the 2 schools you applied to, but your scores are good enough to get you in at quite a few schools. Just wait it out -- I think you have a good shot at getting in.
Thanks. You guys are great to make a girl feel better. I am just feeling a little rejected after seeing that crazy list of acceptances. Congrats to all that got in. I wish I were in your shoes!

Kniles5 said:
Thanks. You guys are great to make a girl feel better. I am just feeling a little rejected after seeing that crazy list of acceptances. Congrats to all that got in. I wish I were in your shoes!

same here... i'm worried out of my mind right now...
i still haven't gotten any interviews yet... am i just waiting for rejections now? or is there still opportunities of getting in???? :luck: I HOPE SO... :luck:

Two interviews for me so far. Right now I am just waiting for the word. Hopefully it won't take too long. I want to have time to plan out my life until dental school. Until I am accepted, my life is in limbo.

tsgalloway said:
Two interviews for me so far. Right now I am just waiting for the word. Hopefully it won't take too long. I want to have time to plan out my life until dental school. Until I am accepted, my life is in limbo.

I totally feel the same way. I hate not having some form of control of my life. I have no idea where I'm going. Hopefully it'll work out for all of us.

tsgalloway said:

haha i have 2 interiews as well and 4 rejections and a gf trying to plan a life where ever it is i end up (if not this year then next)

These postings are all too familiar with me. I was in the navy as a dental tech, moving to three different places with-in 5 years, and now this is my second year waiting for admissions. Last year I didn't have a B.S. completion date but I was interviewed by Ohio State. I was put on the alternate list and had to endure academic purgatory all last cycle (making it to #8), not knowing if my wife and I were going to have to move. This year I have a couple of schools interested but I would like to go to OSU. I have an interview scheduled in Jan and I have become numb from all of the patience this process requires. I can't wait to have some sort of consistency in where I live. My side of the family lives in Ohio and if you're married you know how in-laws can drive you insane.

I feel for us all. The positive thing about waiting is that it builds character (the old cliché, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger)

-Jim

I hate limbo........my school's adcom doesn't meet until the 14th.