Decent GPA, Low MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

preDOhopeful

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I was hoping to gain some advice on applying to DO school this year. After getting a lower MCAT score than I was hoping, I am beginning to worry about applying this year. My stats are:
cGPA: 3.74
sGPA: 3.69
MCAT: 501

I have good (at least I hope) ECs such as working as an EMT, leading several clubs in college, several volunteer positions, being a student mentor, laboratory teaching assistant, and executive board of my sorority. My fear after seeing my MCAT is that I am no longer a competitive application for DO school and I do not want to spend all the application fee money if I don't stand a chance. Any advice on if I should push back my application a year and retake it or if I should go for it this year would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Where is your state of residence ? You could receive interviews at these schools with your stats:
VCOM (all 4 schools)
CUSOM
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
MU-COM
UIWSOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
ACOM
WCU-COM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM

Where is your state of residence ? You could receive interviews at these schools with your stats:
VCOM (all 4 schools)
CUSOM
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
MU-COM
UIWSOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
ACOM
WCU-COM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
Thank you so much for the reply and the list! My state of residence is Illinois.