Decent State Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hhmmrh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't want to go to a big top school. I would love a small state school that's actually pretty good. I feel like I would thrive more in a smaller school, but I also want a good foundation for my future. I have a 4.0 GPA but my GRE scores are not so hot. Much less than the recommended ~300 combined. I asked my only Audiology professor and he says I'll get a doctorate no matter what school I go to. Thanks for the solid advice, man. I am fortunate to be able to go anywhere in the country which actually makes my decision harder!

Members don't see this ad.

I was lucky enough to go to school in Ohio where we had some amazing state schools (Cincinnati, Akron, Kent, Ohio State, Ohio University) and many of the leaders of the field of audiology are from.

I know the programs at Louisville, KY, University of Cincinnati, Ohio University, and Kent State are all great small programs that would probably be a good fit for your desires to be in a small program that is a state school. All of these programs provide a wonderful clinical education. Ohio State is a larger school, but a wonderful program.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! I haven't really looked at the schools in Ohio. Now I am! Makes sense, I know the Cleveland Clinic is huge.