Deciding between 2 schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thebrodie

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! So last year I was accepted for St. Augustine’s spring 2019 cohort in Austin, but after my interview there I wasn’t sure about it and decided to defer to the fall. In the meanwhile, I interviewed at 2 other schools and was accepted to Harding University in Arkansas. The main draw there was that I thought it was much cheaper and everything there is in person instead of the heavy online use at USA. But today I got the email that I was accepted again for fall 2019 in Austin. Now that I’ve started to get everything together for Harding, I’m not too sure. Does anyone have any insight into either of these programs?

Also not at all important but does USA have any kind of intramurals? I wanted to ask at the interview last summer but didn’t want to seem unprofessional lol

Members don't see this ad.

USA has a gym in their facility. They also do some classes (like yoga and stuff) which I believe are taught by students. They don/t have professional athlete teams as far as I know unless students create something on their own.
Cons for online part of USA are you do not need to buy books (saves plenty of money) to study for your exams - you got your access to all study materials online. You will still get in person experience there since you will have hands-on classes and lectures read by professors. But if you like the other school and it is cheaper, then I do not see a reason to go to USA. I believe all PT schools are more or less the same: the same curriculum, the same NPTE passing rate, about the same student satisfaction with different programs. Prices and cost of living vary though.