lmcjose

2+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2016
Hi everyone,

I am having trouble deciding between Chapman and MSMU (Mount Saint Mary's).

To be honest I would love to attend MSMU more because of:

-Smaller class size of 35 students vs (Chapman has 55 students)
-An actual beautiful campus vs (Chapman's new PT location is literally just 2 big office-like buildings with new high tech stuff)
-Tuition is cheaper by $15K

Here is the catch tho, if I attend MSMU it would be next August of 2018, whereas if I attend Chapman it would be Summer 2017. So there is a 1 year wait. I am currently 25 years old btw.

Any advice is greatly appreciated??? If you were me, where would you attend and why???
Thank you so much!!!

Last edited:

PathforwardtoDPT

2+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2016
Hi everyone,

I am having trouble deciding between Chapman and MSMU (Mount Saint Mary's).

To be honest I would love to attend MSMU more because of:

-Smaller class size of 35 students vs (Chapman has 55 students)
-An actual beautiful campus vs (Chapman's new PT location is literally just 2 big office-like buildings)
-Closer commute of 18 miles vs (Chapman commute of 36 miles)
-4 days a week classes vs (Chapman is 5 days a week)
-Tuition is cheaper by $15K

Here is the catch tho, if I attend MSMU it would be next August of 2017, whereas if I attend Chapman it would be this August 2016. So there is a 1 year wait. I am currently 25 years old btw.

Any advice is greatly appreciated??? If you were me, where would you attend and why???
Thank you so much!!!
It sounds like you'd enjoy MSMU much more. Being 25 is still relatively young so waiting one extra year shouldn't be an issue. I know you feel antsy and want to get started, but in the overall scheme of things, you definitely should wait one year for a better experience. I'm 27 waiting to start next year and I also feel like I want to get started now too, but so I understand how you feel.

Mar 3, 2015
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
Hi @PathforwardtoDPT, I definitely appreciate your input and advice!

If you don't mind me asking, which PT school are you starting next year? (if you don't feel like posting publicly on here you can direct message me if you'd like).

Thanks again for your advice!:)

PathforwardtoDPT

2+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2016
Hi @PathforwardtoDPT, I definitely appreciate your input and advice!

If you don't mind me asking, which PT school are you starting next year? (if you don't feel like posting publicly on here you can direct message me if you'd like).

Thanks again for your advice!:)
I'm still waiting on admissions so far, but my top choices include USC, APU, Western, Chapman, and CSUN.