Deciding on Residency with SO in business school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baconboy1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to get IM interviews at BWH, MGH, and BID in Boston and U Penn in Philly, and my wife just got into both MIT Sloan and Wharton for business school. If we're both going off prestige alone, I feel like we're at odds, since Wharton is the most prestigious business school she got into, while BWH and MGH are the more prestigious hospitals (and personally my favorite programs). Has anyone in a dual-career couple made a decision like this before?

Members don't see this ad.

It’s a decision no will can make for you. Nor whole bunch strangers on the interweb can persuade you.

What’s your goal? Fellowship? Academia? Private practice?

What’s her goal?

I personally think you’ll be at some ivory tower either way..... you will be fine at any of those places. Business world is not as forgiven. Who you get to network, and who your alums are, probably more important to her than you.

But that’s from someone who went to a mid-low tier school/residency. And whose SO also didn’t get have their pick from top 10/5 business schools.

Happy wife, happy life.....

Ps. Or tell her to try again after your match.... hon, you can definitely get into Harvard this time around.

Reactions: 1 user