Deciding whether or not to AP classes my senior year

SnakezAndArrowz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So next year is my senior year in high school and I'm signed up for AP Biology. Sadly, I've not taken ANY AP classes in my previous years and I want to know if it's good to take one next year. Will taking an AP class next year have any huge impact on my college admissions at all?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

depending on where you are trying to go for college, its probably a good idea to have at least a few under your belt.

I'm planning on attending Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU)

It's really considered a "back-up" school here, but I might attend because they have a really good pharmacy school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Taking a AP class your senior year will not make a big difference on whether you get into college. The reason being is that they won't see how you do and whether you do well on the AP exam. Taking AP during your soph and jr year have more weight because the admissions committee can evaluate how well you do in AP classes.

On the other hand, you should take it if you are considering becoming a doctor or pharmacist because college level biology is tough. If you become familiar with biology in high school, it should help you to succeed in college. good luck!

I'd highly suggest taking AP Bio, it gives you a really good foundation for college level biology classes. My teacher was awesome for AP bio, and it's what inspired me to be a biology major.

I also highly suggest taking AP Biology for the reasons stated by the above user. Although the colleges may only see that you are taking the course and not how well you are to do in it (unless you count the mid-year and final school reports if your school sends them in or the schools require it), it's still good to take for yourself.