Decision help... NYU v Suny Downstate

Started by Bambros
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bambros

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have until the end of the week to decide between my top two choices, NYU or Suny Downstate. I already live in NY, and am an NYU alum. I love the program at NYU, but I am concerned with the tuition. The tuition at Downstate is much more reasonable, but still seems to be very high for in-state tuition. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
 
I think tuition is something to think about. The tuition difference between NYU and SUNY Downstate is about 60k (found it on a thread here). Besides tuition, you can also compare NYU and Downstate in terms of location, commute, graduation rates, NPTE passing rates, curriculum, clinical affiliations, class size, etc.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UTDPT14, I think I have chosen NYU. I put down the deposit immediately, but also scheduled a visit to Downstate to sit in on a lecture. After visiting this morning, I believe I have cemented my decision. I'm nervous about the tuition, but am really in love with the program at NYU.