Decisions, Decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icewrangler

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Congrats to all of you who have gotten acceptances, and good luck to those of you who are still waiting to hear. December 1st was kind to me, but now Im struggling to even come close to making a decision. I've been accepted to Nova, Case, Pitt, Maryland, Michigan, and Columbia. Right now I'm leaning towards Pitt or Columbia. Do you guys think the prestige of Columbia is worth the extra cost of living in NYC? And do you think the extra emphasis on biomedical sciences detracts from the clinical experience? And for Pitt does the fact that they have an anesthesiology program, implant center, and a clinic devoted to special needs patients make it a "more bang for your buck" choice?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Is that the only deciding factor? What about campus/area/all the other stuff.

You broke it down well, you actually have to decide whats worth more to you :)

PS: You make having 325890285902 decisions sound bad :S

Hey everyone. Congrats to all of you who have gotten acceptances, and good luck to those of you who are still waiting to hear. December 1st was kind to me, but now Im struggling to even come close to making a decision. I've been accepted to Nova, Case, Pitt, Maryland, Michigan, and Columbia. Right now I'm leaning towards Pitt or Columbia. Do you guys think the prestige of Columbia is worth the extra cost of living in NYC? And do you think the extra emphasis on biomedical sciences detracts from the clinical experience? And for Pitt does the fact that they have an anesthesiology program, implant center, and a clinic devoted to special needs patients make it a "more bang for your buck" choice?
Thanks!

Wow.. awesome. Congratulations. Can I ask you the reasoning behind choosing pitt over case and michigan?? I'm just curious to hear other's opinions.. Thanks!

Well I'm an undergrad at Case right now, and I love the school, but I'd really like a change of scenery. Michigan is a great school, but very research based, and I wasn't overly impressed with the clinics. The actually facilities weren't what sold me at Pitt. I just feel that they have a very complete curriculum. The only thing that worries me there is that I haven't heard much in the dental community about Pitt. I'm really weighing how important having a name like Columbia by my name is.