decisions

Started by sdn24
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sdn24

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So im currently in a PhD program. im in my 3rd year getting ready to take my preliminaries and qualifiers. Im at a stand still because i dont know what route i want to take when i graduate. i know that i dont what to do a post doc. I like research but i dont see myself doing it everything for the rest of my life. I want to have options in my career which is why i was thinking about pursuing a PharmD once i finish. I know that pharmacy is saturated but i do not want to do into retail. I just want that background drug knowledge that i didnt get with the PhD and also have the option that if i want to practice, teach or conduct research i have that option. Any advice?
 
Do you have any experience in pharmacy? Are you at all interested in being a pharmacist? The PharmD degree was designed for people who want to be pharmacists. It will help you achieve that goal but very little else. If you don't want to be a pharmacist, getting a PharmD is a waste of your time and money.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Last edited: