Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all:
After much thought, I've decided to decline the Navy HPSP scholarship. For the last few weeks I've been flip-flopping constantly. It is hard because I do have a real interest in serving the Navy, but i must also think of my own professional goals. For those of you who are/were debating just as I was, these are my reasons:
1. Military medicine is too unpredicatable right now. I don't even know what kind of doc I want to be. What if I want to be a type of doc that the military has no interest in?
2. Probable military drawdowns that will affect millitary hospitals and decrease GME.
3. I don't want to lose my skills if patient volume becomes too low.
4. I'm still young....I'll be thirty at the start of my internship....if the Navy bug is still in me, I can always FAP for a year or two. I will have trained when I wanted to and at a location of my choosing and won't have to deal with (1-2) listed above.
Best of luck,
Worf
After much thought, I've decided to decline the Navy HPSP scholarship. For the last few weeks I've been flip-flopping constantly. It is hard because I do have a real interest in serving the Navy, but i must also think of my own professional goals. For those of you who are/were debating just as I was, these are my reasons:
1. Military medicine is too unpredicatable right now. I don't even know what kind of doc I want to be. What if I want to be a type of doc that the military has no interest in?
2. Probable military drawdowns that will affect millitary hospitals and decrease GME.
3. I don't want to lose my skills if patient volume becomes too low.
4. I'm still young....I'll be thirty at the start of my internship....if the Navy bug is still in me, I can always FAP for a year or two. I will have trained when I wanted to and at a location of my choosing and won't have to deal with (1-2) listed above.
Best of luck,
Worf