Declining acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tbone616

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering how any of you have declined acceptance to a school after you had already accepted admission. I have to send a written letter to the school and so I was wondering what would be the most appropriate and respectful thing to write. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

tbone616 said:
Hi, I was wondering how any of you have declined acceptance to a school after you had already accepted admission. I have to send a written letter to the school and so I was wondering what would be the most appropriate and respectful thing to write. Thanks!

Tell them you have decided to decline their acceptance because you have had offers from other schools. You aren't going to break their hearts...it happens all the time.

Please tell me you're declining acceptance to UB.

Yes, I'm on the waitlist, in case that wasn't screamingly obvious. :oops:

tbone616 said:
If you go back about 5 pages or so in the main threads, there is a thread about this subject, and there were several very good responses including an example letter.