Declining Touro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myliham

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many of you alread ydecline acceptance from Touro or is thinking about declining an offer? If so, would you please share why?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure if this is the response you were hoping for but I declined Touro because I was accepted to another program. I would rather go to a program that is accredited over one that is not.

How many of you have declined Touro or is thinking about declining an offer from Touro?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I've decided to update this thread with my own situation because.. bah I'm quite confused about what to do.

So I have an interview to UOP in January, and thats the only interview I have so far. So I mean my chances aren't stellar or anything, but I have some qualms about accepting Touro's invitation because of the 2k, plus the fact that I am still missing an anatomy lab class and I am currently waitlisted at my university and I'm not 100% sure I will get in. So ther's this outside outside chance that I pay the 2k deposit then miss out getting into the class and wasting the 2 thousand.

I'm confused also (off topic question). I have taken Physiology and Physiology lab. I hear they also require anatomy and anatomy lab, which is different from what my school counselor told me. Well I got a letter saying I was missing anatomy, but not one saying I was missing the anatomy lab. Does anyone know if I need to take BOTH anatomy and physiology labs.

So confused... to pay 2k or not to pay...

If its Touro I think it is both, but I would call the school to clarify.

2k is an outrageous deposit..I thought USC was bad!

Hi, I've decided to update this thread with my own situation because.. bah I'm quite confused about what to do.

So I have an interview to UOP in January, and thats the only interview I have so far. So I mean my chances aren't stellar or anything, but I have some qualms about accepting Touro's invitation because of the 2k, plus the fact that I am still missing an anatomy lab class and I am currently waitlisted at my university and I'm not 100% sure I will get in. So ther's this outside outside chance that I pay the 2k deposit then miss out getting into the class and wasting the 2 thousand.

I'm confused also (off topic question). I have taken Physiology and Physiology lab. I hear they also require anatomy and anatomy lab, which is different from what my school counselor told me. Well I got a letter saying I was missing anatomy, but not one saying I was missing the anatomy lab. Does anyone know if I need to take BOTH anatomy and physiology labs.

So confused... to pay 2k or not to pay...

Who did u interview with at touro? i interviewed with that japanese woman. Congrats on your acceptance! I heard about my acceptance from steve on friday and i didn't know how to react. Happy/confused at the same i guess?! I decided to put down the 2k b/c there's no pt in using touro as a safety school when u'r too cheap to put down the deposit to secure your SEAT at your SAFETY school. SO i pretty much talking myself into "wasting" 2k, per say.

Regarding anatomy, you should just take it at a JC. Take anatomy lecture and lab at a lecture, possibly during spring or summer. I'm taking it now at a JC in oakland and its SOOO easy (compared to UC courses). That way, you'll feel better about paying the deposit and know that you'll get in knowing that you're working to satisfy the anatomy requirement. good luck.

2000 is alot to put down! Whoa

The only downside to it is the high tuition... if Touro can cut down the cost I think they'd be more competitive. I mean.. it's a little over $210,000 for four years for a student.. and nobody knows (at the time of this writing) what or who Touro is so that's a minus despite having a good program.

But to answer the question directly.. I'd put the $2K down. I like Touro for personal reasons. You have to at least be content going there.. so if you don't feel happy I'd not bother and reapply elsewhere.