Decreasing High GPA

Started by Bob Wells
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bob Wells

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, I have a really good gpa but by my trend seems to be decreasing. Do you think this is going to be a problem when applying to pharmacy schools next year(I'll be a junior)? My overall gpa is going to be ~3.5 (but I had a 4.0 my freshman year ending with an A+ in organic chemistry). I am a biochem major planning on taking the PCAT this june - I should have a mediocre score.
 
I don't think decrease in GPA hurts unless you start to go below 3.0 (average). However, competitive pharmacy schools might take the trend more seriously.
 
Hi guys, I have a really good gpa but by my trend seems to be decreasing. Do you think this is going to be a problem when applying to pharmacy schools next year(I'll be a junior)? My overall gpa is going to be ~3.5 (but I had a 4.0 my freshman year ending with an A+ in organic chemistry). I am a biochem major planning on taking the PCAT this june - I should have a mediocre score.

Well, 3.5 isn't a problem, although like the other poster mentioned, it does raise the question "why" to admission committee in competitive schools. So why is it? Got a new girlfriend? LOL, that's a common reason, just guessing. LOL 🙄
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I ran out fuel I guess, I want to know if I should really worry. What are good east coast schools to apply too?
 
Last edited:
like what michael said on the show The Office, you shouldnt be the best looking person in the [neighborhood], because you have nowhere to go but down.

Im sure that the adcom realizes and understands it is difficult to follow up on a 4.0 from your freshman year, especially with the increasing difficulty of courses each year (esp pursuing biochem).
 
Last edited: