Decreasing scores on DAT Achiever

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

khadcheemz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Freaking out...
My scores keep decreasing in bio and chem when I take practice tests.
Went from 18,17,16,14 in Bio 17,16,15,14 in Chem
DAT Achiever is the only practice test source I've been using for science (I've done 4)

With a week left I'm just planning on reviewing now and no more practice
How hopeful should I be?

Members don't see this ad.

A week before my test, I was doing FL test like crazy. Also BC PAT and reviewing other tests of BC.
I dont know how many hours you plan on reviewing per day, but I did about 12hours.

I would recommend doing a practice test in the morning, then take a break, then review the solution, see where you miss and review that again. Then repeat.

Also, if you dont feel ready, then you can postpone too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think I should show just review the answers of the BC tests instead of actually doing them?

A week before my test, I was doing FL test like crazy. Also BC PAT and reviewing other tests of BC.
I dont know how many hours you plan on reviewing per day, but I did about 12hours.

I would recommend doing a practice test in the morning, then take a break, then review the solution, see where you miss and review that again. Then repeat.

Also, if you dont feel ready, then you can postpone too.

I think you should take time doing them. Reviewing the answer without doing it, you will remember the answer rather than understand how to do it IMO

Freaking out...
My scores keep decreasing in bio and chem when I take practice tests.
Went from 18,17,16,14 in Bio 17,16,15,14 in Chem
DAT Achiever is the only practice test source I've been using for science (I've done 4)

With a week left I'm just planning on reviewing now and no more practice
How hopeful should I be?

That's a common trend of Achiever's scores. The tests gets harder and harder, then toning down slightly in tests 6 and 7. And even that, the questions would still appear challenging. Don't freak out, just give your very best shots for the last few ones and go confidently for the DAT. Many have gone through the same path and ended up with good results.

I agree. I'd scrap achiever and just use bootcamp. Bootcamp is much more applicable to the real deal, and achiever is unnecessarily hard.

That's a common trend of Achiever's scores. The tests gets harder and harder, then toning down slightly in tests 6 and 7. And even that, the questions would still appear challenging. Don't freak out, just give your very best shots for the last few ones and go confidently for the DAT. Many have gone through the same path and ended up with good results.

Wow, I was noticing that too! Thank you!