Dedicated: Structuring my study day: please see / help advise!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kitkatblue

Reaction score
1) I am lazy and get distracted easily and will make any excuses to put things off tomorrow so I'm falling behind/ not pacing myself. I'm also weak on content, not the best student. I am doing a subject-specific 2nd pass of UWORLD (1st pass was done on random mixed)

CURRENT issue: I'm not getting through my 80Q a day and not watching bnb/reviewing on my weak areas based on questions missed

Option 1: Do all 80 questions + 15 OMM in the 3 hour back in the morning and then spend the next chuck of hours reviwing mistakes and then last 3-4 hours watching vidoes on missed topics. it's efficient but 40Q on a subject specific block is hard/torture/mind-nubming, but it's better than option2?

Option 2: Do 40Q review and then do 40Q and review. The issue is that if i don't start my day early enough like 6am or so, I woudn't get through all the 80Q b.c the review took tooo long etc.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in a similar situation and I did an experiment: I studied Biochem in and out, every single detail from FA and then Biochem flashcards. After that I tried to take UW Biochem questions and it was night and day in terms of reviewing speed! So as you already guessed - it's a content deficits that make us spend loooong time reviewing questions in UW. It goes much much faster when you already know content.
So I know it's not a lot of help in this case, as you (and me too) don't have enough time to spend reviewing content before doing UW, but at least I know why exactly it takes us so long.
What to do? I don't know to be honest. I feel like Option 1 is better, but I can feel your pain doing a review after. If you are running out of time, I would still dedicate at least last 2-3 days for OMM even if it means ditching everything else.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes OMM can't miss that and it can really help the score. I have to OMM 1 hour every day no excuses-what do you when you r "tired" and tell urself i'll do OMm tmr and then tmr becomes another day and so forth? I don't think i can cram OMM in 2-3 days like other people can. it's a false assumption on my hand so gotta chug at it every day

@ASGD1983 - maybe sine we have content gaps, why not just use questions to fill in ? like ive doing a hybrid: questions, and then use vidoes to revisit/dissect question stem clues to re-enforce? that;s why better than dry content review, so instead of trying to do what super-stars are doing, just owe our strategy and really hammer it in

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user