defer admission?

Started by lailanni
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lailanni

c/o 2012
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I do not plan on doing anything like this, but do any schools let you defer admission to next year?

I gather that it is fairly common with law school....?

None of the vet school websites I saw mentioned it.

I was just curious - a few people I know that got into law school deferred for a year and took off to Europe and Asia for good times before coming back to study.

I'm under the impression that for vet school, either you're in or you apply again.....am I right?

PS - good luck to everyone that may be starting a new quarter/semester!
 
I do not plan on doing anything like this, but do any schools let you defer admission to next year?

I gather that it is fairly common with law school....?

None of the vet school websites I saw mentioned it.

I was just curious - a few people I know that got into law school deferred for a year and took off to Europe and Asia for good times before coming back to study.

I'm under the impression that for vet school, either you're in or you apply again.....am I right?

PS - good luck to everyone that may be starting a new quarter/semester!

It differs from school to school. For some you have to have extenuating circumstances, while for others, such as Penn I believe, they do let you defer fairly easily. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong about Penn.
 
There is at least one person in my class who deferred. It was for financial reasons.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know of someone who's at Penn now but deffered last year because she had a baby. But that is a rather extenuating circumstance...
 
I believe Illinois does. My friend did, because her father was really sick.
 
In Canada, AVC does. I was under the understanding that you could defer for what ever reason. One of the recruiters that I spoke to for another college said that the AVC will hold your spot if you get accepted so that you can finish your degree... but this is an agriculture college... AVC takes half of all of the students in the province from this college only.