post-admission course changes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobdob

Reaction score
Has anyone had experiences changing planned courses after admission? For example, let's say I planned to take microbiology senior year, but get accepted to a school that no longer requires it as a prerequisite. Would changing planned courses and dropping microbiology lead to revoking admission? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone had experiences changing planned courses after admission? For example, let's say I planned to take microbiology senior year, but get accepted to a school that no longer requires it as a prerequisite. Would changing planned courses and dropping microbiology lead to revoking admission? Thanks :)
So if I'm understanding this right... you're concerned about not taking a course you listed as planned, and it isn't a prerequisite for a school you've been accepted to? If that's the case, there's nothing to worry about! Your planned courses are just that - planned. Schools know that plans can change, and as long as it isn't a prerequisite they won't hold anything against you for not taking it :cat:

Reactions: 3 users
The very simplest way to answer this question so that you can sleep well at night not worrying about anything is to just call the school at which you have accepted admission and ask the admissions director for an answer.

I can't imagine it would matter if you drop a class that wasn't a pre-requisite, but ... if you get an answer straight from the people that matter, you can rest easy.

Reactions: 1 user
I was taking both Ochem 2 and Biochem Spring 2021. When I got accepted at WSU I was able to drop Ochem 2 as they don’t require it. I did get a W on my transcript though since it was after the add/drop deadline.