Defer enrolment

Started by manm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

manm

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations to every one got in yesterday. I have some immigration issues. I am in the us and applied for green card couple of months ago. Probabely by July, my greencard is not yet ready. I do not know what to do. Can I defer my enrolment for 1 or 2 semesters?
Does any one have the experience of enroling with a pending i485?

Thanks a lot
 
Have you gotten an acceptance already? If you have then you should just call the school and ask them. I don't think you will be able to defer one or two semesters though.... You're going to be missing out on a lot. If you do not get your green card ask if you can defer a year.
 
Congratulations to every one got in yesterday. I have some immigration issues. I am in the us and applied for green card couple of months ago. Probabely by July, my greencard is not yet ready. I do not know what to do. Can I defer my enrolment for 1 or 2 semesters?
Does any one have the experience of enroling with a pending i485?

Thanks a lot

I know for a fact that some schools will let you hold/defer your acceptance for a year. You'll have to find about yours.